Chapter 80

"Randy. If you're in there, I need you to stop him. I know it's hard. But I need you to buy me some time." I manage, sliding to sit on my hip. My wolf had receeded, it couldn't fight him nor did it want to face the wrath of Fenrir. 

But at this point, I had to do something, if two werewolves managed to get a hold of him there would be no saving him. Caspian would not hold back, not with all the anger he'd already been feeling toward the man. He was pushing my hand, I had to send them back but how would I without going with them? 

I kept chanting, faster, I had to get rid of the energy building in my core. It was possible the magic was pushing the wolf down, revealing the power that I truly held. If I survived this, maybe the creature would respect me more. The gray werewolf moves to stand before me, getting between the approaching man and me. 

The black attempted to crawl its way through the smashed gate, roaring behind me in a deafening battle cry. "Tick tock." Verando growls at me, the light blue ring forming around one pupil indicating to me that he was still in there. He was fighting to get to the surface. 

"He wants out so badly. Too bad he can't contend with a god." 

"There's where you're wrong. Verando is descended from a god, created from the mischief of your sons. You're in the body formed for Whitewind and it doesn't belong to you!" I shout, slinging my hand, coating him in ice to help stop the bleeding, and also attempting to restrain him. The werewolf lowers himself, attempting to lunge. 

I freeze his feet to the ground and he wheels around to claw at me. Thankfully I'm barely out of his reach. "I'm sorry but we can't kill him." I freeze his hand to the ground, creating an ice sheet before sending the barrier flying towards Caspian's cage to help keep him in. This wouldn't hold him for long, chilled fog leaves my teeth as my body begins to cool down to accommodate the ice. 

The ice encircles Verando's neck as I intended, sealing the wound caused by the werewolf. He grips at the chill, a hell beast must not appreciate the arctic blast. 

"All beasts who carry this form belong to me." he snarls, yanking against his frozen feet. 

I was running out of time, every moment I expect my warlord to surface, but it would seem the hold of a true god was beyond what anyone could overcome. My expectations were too high, if he could have gotten out, he would have done so before hurting our family, before killing Caspian. 

The portal begins to shimmer, swirling in the pool of red. "It's ok, Randy. I'm going to get this under control." I reassure him, much as it seemed impossible given my grounded state. I couldn't go back with them, was I expected to throw two werewolves into the dragon realm and hope they ended up in the right place? I don't even have a dragon on the other side anymore. 

"We're going to get through this because I need you to tell me how ridiculous I am. I need you to be disappointed in me for sleeping with your younger self. I need you to teach me how to be a better father." I press my hand to the edge of the pool as I hear the ice threatening to crack, I couldn't look up, we were surrounded on all sides by death and I was at the center of it trying to open a time portal. 

"This seems like one of these instances where we don't come out of this." I chuckle at the gray creature attempting to reach me, returned to its feral state, it shouldn't surprise me that a werewolf couldn't be directed beyond initial intentions. "When I send you back, I hope you don't hate me... but I hope you run as far away from me as you possibly can."

Taking a deep breath at the realm opens, the ice shatters. I call the wind to my hand, "I'm sorry, Randy." I blast it through my arm and my fingertips, sending him sailing across the barn and into the lumber. He drops to the ground, limp, and I'm uncertain if I've killed him or simply knocked him unconscious. Swallowing hard, I take a deep breath and release the two werewolves.