Chapter 106 (M )

Adriam and Victor had agreed to stay behind to watch the children, allowing Helen and Tyler to come with us, accompanied by Pascal. Once more, we were slowly building up an arsenal of people we could trust despite Helen's relapse into wondering the true intentions of her grandfather. 

Verando, while upset with both of them, seemed unbothered by the decision but more so that they had acted in such an unprepared nature and had put me, and his children, in the danger of attempting to figure out if their hunch was right. Verando, if he truly were Fenrir, could have slaughtered us all if he'd been outted. I could only imagine he wanted them all closer so he could probably educate them but at the same time, our options for those we could semi trust were limited. 

 Much as I struggled with the thought of leaving them once more, that I feared we were out of their lives far to often, going with him in a time like this was crucial. We lacked a security blanket with Badger not turning up, we also were unaware of when Fenrir could attempt to escape again or what could trigger him.

Under it all, if I was being honest, I couldn't stand the idea of an unknown woman being to close to my husband. Not necessarily for his risk of betrayl, but her enjoyment of the persona he could perform. I wanted her to know that he belonged to me, as much as she seemed more terrified of him than entranced.

Unfortunately, the nature of my sudden decision didn't slide past him and he picked up on my tension. While he kept his disappointment to himself, it didn't cease to put a chill between us and I had yet to find a good time to reassure him that I was only attempting to sooth my own concern. I wanted to be here, I needed to be here, my body didn't belong to me and I had to stay close to the one who owned it.

My research into a 'heat cycle' was minimal. Dogs only had two seasons a year, while women were monthly and we couldn't necessarily compare that to what I was experiencing. With so few female lycans, there was no base line as to why this was happening or how to go about it. It seemed entirely fabricated, only confirmed by Adriam discovering the void within me that we couldn't confirm until I had had surgery. 

I needed time to ask Helen, it hadn't truly come up in our few moments alone. It had also occurred to me that Helen had yet to get pregnant, was it because she was careful? Or was she actually infertile?

Adriam also had his reservations, though he'd kept his opinions to himself as he seemed to pick up that I hadn't discussed much of this with Verando. The thought of being expected to go through this as often as my body felt it neccessary for the rest of eternity was mentally taking it's toll on my inner self who could only focus on the intoxicating scent of my warlord. I was finding it difficult to separate myself from it, to pull back from the desire and the need to act upon that desire.

At least nature wasn't unusually cruel, not just any man would do for my body only had eyes for Verando. I remembered feeling this way when i was first 'reborn'. The scent of him and getting used to this new body, I couldn't be within the same room as him without wanting to hurt him or wishing to jump his bones in one form or another. 

By the time line of the last cycle, I would only have two more days before I would be out of my mind with desire. Doing my best to document, I tried to keep a journal and recall the events of the last time this occurred as well as a time line. Adriam assured me he'd at least help me figure it out as far the data I gathered would allow us.

Our first few stops were in Tennessee which soothed my nerves slightly, Nashville was a large musical hub and was only a short few hours from our children should we need to return for any reason. With Darrius upset with Verando for the time being, hopefully we wouldn't be followed by a small unicorn child. 

The point of this was not only to go on tour, to provide for our family, but to track police presence with his warrant still active England. We needed those who were against us in the states to reveal themselves, wherever the police were the most difficult, we could only assume it came from government pressure. From there, we could begin to dissect Senators and Congressmen.