Chapter 96

I step out of the shower, examining myself in the mirror as I fiddle with the blow dryer. My scarred body looked so different, every time I saw myself I was surprised by what looked back at me. "If he didn't find you attractive, he wouldn't look at you like that." I remind myself, grumbling at my inability to cope as I start the process of combing through the impossible mop of hair. 

How long had it been since I'd really cared what I looked like? Attempting to style it in some fashion, I sigh at the weight of it as the thick strands fall back into place however they wish. A mixture of slight curl and heaviness caused it to want to lie down, I opt to comb it to the side in some sort of attempt at taming it. 

I'd have to ask Chispa for a haircut. 

Wrapping the towel around my waist, I exit the bathroom, only to startle as I see Verando buttoning the button-up shirt. "Helen get here?"

"Helen and Tyler." He muses, raising an eyebrow towards the door before finishing the trend upward, I note it must be to cover the tattoo and chain, with the collar of the shirt neither of them were visible. 

Treading towards him, I lightly skirt my fingers over the material of his tie. "May I?"

Reluctantly, he nods as I start the slow methodical process of tying the silken material. 

"Does the chain hurt?" I ask, timid, glancing up at him through my lashes as innocently as I could manage. His broad shoulders tense, I catch my lip in my teeth and give the tie an overly ambitious tug to coax the answer out of him. 

"No, it's a good reminder of what lurks beneath." He grumbles, capturing my hand with a warning growl. 

"So dramatic." I sigh, biting my tongue as his eyes narrow and he slips away from me to disappear into the walk-in closet. Dragging my fingers over the heavy comforter, I eye the bed posts with curiosity and excitement. The oak looked sturdy, I squeeze the wood lightly and examine its make. This might make for an acceptable move, after all, that is, if I was allowed back into his chambers. 

Feeling him appearing behind me, I jump lightly, glancing over my shoulder as he unhooks my towel. The point of his nose brushes over my skin as he inhales in a slow rise of his chest. I stiffen as he nears my ear, exhaling with him as his hand rests over mine against the post. "What're you thinking about, you naughty minx?"

"How hard you could take me and if the bed even stood a chance." I challenge bluntly, earning a light chuckle. 

"Foul creature. Turn around." He takes a step back, I'm admittedly disappointed that I didn't even earn a bite from my trouble. When I turn, I spy the small pieces of lacey black fabric in his hand as he grins at me so wickedly. "Put this on." Handing over one of the pieces, I suspiciously fondle the material before stretching it out to reveal a minimalistic stretchy laced thong. 

Flushing darkly, I seem to have given him the response he wanted as I clutch the panties to my chest. "You can not be serious." 

"Mmm, absolutely. Come on, let's see it. Dress for me." Backing to sit at the office-style recliner in the corner desk, I stand before him naked and exposed as I glance back down at the panties. "Unless you don't want to go." Verando crosses one leg over the other, resting his cheek against his fist as he reclines into his elbow with an amused hum of anticipation. 

Smug bastard. 

Growling low in my throat, I set my jaw as I step into the panties, turning my back to him as I slowly pull them up in a careful roll. Organizing my manhood into them was a task on its own but dealing with the lacey thong and the exposure it offered was enough to have me blushing from ear to ear.