Funeral

"Everyone wants a happy ending, but it doesn't always roll that way, maybe this time, I'm hoping if you play this back. It's in celebration, I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me 19 years ago that we weren't alone let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised but come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse...that's the reality that my daughters are gonna have to find a way to live in. So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting in case of an untimely death. On my part. Not that death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing, what we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow... it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

The recording of your dad said as he got up and looked at you and Morgan, who was on your lap.

"I love you both, 3000"

He said before the recording stopped.

You sucked in a breath as a tear rolled down your face. Morgan cuddling into you.

———

You guys walked down the steps, your dad's old arc reactor floating in front of you guys as pepper held you and Morgan's hands.

You guys got to the lake as pepper let go of you and your sister's hands then grabbed the arc reaction that was floating in front of her and placed it onto the water

You walked over and stood next to Thor as everyone stayed silent, today was the day of your dad's funeral, and quiet sobs were heard around but apart from that and the sound of nature, there was nothing to hear.

You placed your head on thors shoulder as he wrapped his arm around you.

You guys stood there for a while before people began talking.

———

You were talking to pepper for a while while you were holding Morgan on your hip.

"Uh- y/n may I talk to you?" You heard Thor say from behind you.

"Yeah, of course," you said putting Morgan down and following Thor.

"You know, I'll be giving up my role as king of Asgard and hopefully passing it down to Valkyrie... the guardians have offered both of us to come with them, that's if you want to come, you don't have to." He told you.

A tear rolled down your face as you smiled at him. "Yes, yes, of course, I'll come with you," you said nodding to him, then giving him a hug. "Can you please take a shower too?" You asked letting go.

"Don't worry, I will." He said tilting your chin up and giving you a kiss. "We must head to Asgard first. We are leaving tomorrow." He told you.

"Ok ok, I'll uhh- I'll be back" you said running over to Morgan and lifting her up into the air as she giggled.