Chapstick Challenge (fluff/lime)

C/N POV:

I walk into the library with my friends and they sit down in front of this one guy I'd never seen before. My friend (C/N's friend) looked at me and the stranger.

"C/N, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is C/N. I know this is your first time meeting, but you'll get used to each other with time."

"Uh... Hi?"

Y/N seems to be the shy type. I make sure to make myself approachable and slightly smile.

"Hey there. I'm C/N. I've never seen you before. How do you know them?"

"They're my friends from when I used to go to school in person, which was years ago."

(C/N's friend) spoke up about what Y/N meant.

"Y/N was in school with us for a few years before he was homeschooled. He's gonna start going here this upcoming semester for college courses he needs for his degree he wants."

"Oh cool. What do you wanna major in, Y/N?"

"Astrology, either that or marine biology."

"Ooh those aound interesting. You like things related to how the world works?"

"Basically yeah."

I see how much happier he gets mentioning these things. I see the smile on his face and slightly smile myself.

His smile is contagious. Could be dangerous, so I need to be careful not to get too close.

"Wanna tell me about it? I'll listen if you want."

What the hell am I doing? I literally just said I can't get too close.

"Wait really? It doesn't bore you at all?"

I shake my head and look at him so he knows I'm listening. I see his face absolutely light up as he starts rambling on about space. A dumb grin starts growing on my face as he keeps talking. When I finally notice, I try to regain my composure and keep looking like I'm listening.

"—and the fact that the universe is expanding yet getting smaller at the same time is confusing and difficult to wrap my head around. I'm not sure how that works, but if I found the science behind it I'm sure it would make more sense. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to go into astrology. I wanna figure out how space works since we know so little about it. And—"

"Hey lovebirds. Sorry to cut this short, but we really need to get to what we met up for."

Dick face.

"Oh, right. Sorry about that, (C/N's friend)."

Y/N looks a bit bummed, but tries to look normal anyway.

Man, I feel bad for the guy. He was so excited.

"Anyway, we met up to do a collab for our channels, right? So, here's the game plan. We are gonna do the chapstick challenge."

(C/N's other friend) gets a smug look on his face and starts talking.

"It was my idea, and (C/N's friend) thought it was excellent."

"Yeah, one of the only good ideas you've had. Ever."

"Oh really? Whose idea was it to create our channel in the first place, (C/N's friend)?"

"Well, I'm the one that created it."

"It was my idea though. You agreed to that too. I also bought the cameras and the mics. And also got the eing light we use for lighting. I learned how to edit so we could get our videos to run smoothly."