Dino Nuggets (littlespace + fluff)

Anonymous request

Y/N POV:

"Uno!"

I smile and chuckle, watching with amusement as C/N's face starts turning red.

He's probably just hot. My AC broke this morning, so that wouldn't surprise me.

"Alright then, Y/N."

C/N puts a wild card on top of the pile, looking up at me smugly.

"I pick red."

I look down at my last card, suppressing a smirk.

Big mistake, C/N.

I put my remaining card on top of the pile, grinning triumphantly once he sees the red card with a number seven on it.

"I won, C/N."

C/N's jaw drops, his eyes going wide. I laugh hysterically, watching as he reacts to his third loss of the game in a row. He slams his leftover cards onto the table, standing up and storming out of the room. I watch in pure confusion, following him soon after with concern.

I listen for whatever room C/N may have gone into, looking through the hallways and rooms of my home.

"C/N? Where are you?"

"In here..."

I hear C/N's quiet voice from my room and I open my door, walking in. C/N is sitting down on the floor, leaning against the wall across from the doorway. His knees are to his chest, his arms wrapped around them. His face is contorted in a soft scowl, his eyes not meeting mine.

"C/N? What's wrong?"

C/N sighs, removing his arms from his knees and crossing them in front of his chest.

"My day has been terrible. I got splashed but a truck this morning on my way to school, so I had to go back home during lunch and change my clothes."

I give C/N a sympathetic look, listening closely as he begins to vent.

"In the process, I forgot to eat anything, so I've been hungry since breakfast."

"Do you want me to get you something to eat, then, C/N?"

"Not right now. I'm too mad."

I nod in understanding, looking at C/N expectantly as he continues to talk.

"That one idiot from chemistry threw a cup of water onto my white shirt, making my shirt see through and showing everyone my chest & stomach. He knows I'm insecure about that."

I'm gonna have to talk to him about that tomorrow at school.

"And now I've lost Uno three times in a row. I'm just so angry and tired."

I wrap a comforting arm around C/N, gently caressing his back as he finishes ranting. He clenches his fists tightly, seemingly trying to calm himself down. I use my free hand to carefully pry his nails out of his palms, not wanting him to hurt himself.

"Take a deep breath, honey. You're overwhelmed."

I let the petname slip out, deciding to leave that concern on the back burner for now as I focus on calming C/N. He takes a breath, looking at the floor with an expression of concentration.

"That's it. Good job, C/N. Do you want me to do it with you?"

C/N nods, putting his hand in one of mine. I put his hand on my chest, beginning to take deep breaths. I watch with a gentle smile as he follows my lead. I look into his eyes, feeling a sense of relief as the frustration and anger begin to disappear from them.