Stage Lights (fluff + slight angst)

itspanda2006 request

C/N POV:

I park the tour bus into the parking spot, backing into the space and turning the bus off and turning to everyone else.

"We're here. Let's go ahead and head inside to rehearse."

Everyone responds in acknowledgement and stands up, walking out of the tour bus. (Friend) purposefully walks slower than the others, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to her.

"Do you have the ring, (friend)?"

"It's in my pocket."

"Alright, don't forget it when we get onstage tonight. Otherwise, tonight will be a disaster."

(Friend) nods in agreement, pulling me back toward everyone else so we can catch up to them.

"What took you guys so long?"

"(Friend) had to tie her shoe, so I stayed behind with her."

Satisfied with my answer to his question, Y/N comes over to me and holds my hand. He walks beside me the rest of the way to the building, his fingers intertwined with mine. We contently enter the concert venue together, my mind busy with the anxiety of finally proposing.

~*time skip*~

I plug my bass into the amp, keeping the bass and amp off while they wait onstage before the concert. I go backstage and sit next to Y/N at one of the tables, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Are you excited, C/N? This is our first international concert."

"I'm totally excited. I've always wanted to do a concert in a different country. I just hope they'll like us."

"I'm sure they will, baby. They're coming here to see us perform."

"I know. I guess I'm still just really nervous. You know I've been dreaming of this for so long, Y/N."

"I know."

"I just really don't want to mess this up."

"I don't either. I'm sure we won't need it up, though. We've got this."

Y/N stands up from the table and kisses my cheek, smiling brightly at me.

"I'm gonna go get ready now. I'll see you onstage."

"See you then."

Y/N walks off, throwing his trash away and stepping into the dressing room.

I love him so much.

I finish the last bite of my food and throw it into the trash, following Y/N into the dressing room soon after.

~*time skip*~

The others and I step out of the practice room, meeting backstage. After a few words, Y/N and the drummer, (other friend), head to grab their things. (Friend) and I stay behind.

"What's the plan, C/N?"

"Okay. When we finish the last song in the set, I'll get everyone's attention. When everyone quiets down, I'll begin my speech about how much I love Y/N and how long we've been together. After the speech, I'll walk over to you and you'll hand me the ring. I'll walk back over to Y/N and get into my knee, proposing to him."

"Alright, sounds good."

Y/N POV:

I begin walking toward the equipment when I notice C/N not walking beside me. I look around and notice that (friend) is also not with me. Confused, I search for the two of them around the room.

Before I can get too far, though, I see C/N and (friend) standing close to each other in another room.

What on Earth?

(Friend) takes a step closer to C/N, whispering in his ear. A burning feeling swirls around in my gut, my heart beating faster as I get a slight nauseous feeling.

Am I seriously jealous of (friend)? She's just talking to C/N.

(Friend) puts her hand on C/N's shoulder, standing directly next to him and turning him away from the doorway that I'm looking at them through.

Wait, does she know I'm here? What are they talking about that requires me not being there?

C/N and (friend) begin to turn back around after a moment. I frantically make my way to the equipment room, not wanting C/N to know that I saw him talking to (friend) that closely.

What's going on? I don't like this.

~*time skip*~

C/N POV:

Y/N strums his guitar one last time, finishing out the final song of the night.

Alright. Time to finally do it.

"Can I have everybody's attention please?"

Everybody in the audience goes silent, looking directly at me.

Jeez. Is this how (friend) feels every time we finish a song?

"I know we usually end the concert here, but I have something that I need to do. Y/N, can you come forward, please?"

Y/N gives me a perplexed look and walks toward me. He slightly cocks his head to the side like a confused puppy.

He's so adorable.

"Y/N, you and I have been together for six years now. You have been here for me since we were in our first year of high school. You approached me and bonded with me, when nobody else would. You helped me break out of my shell. You have changed my life, and it is infinitely better than before you lit up my world. Today is already our six-year anniversary, but..."

I walk over to (friend) and grab the ring box, carrying it to the front of the stage.

"I want to make today even more memorable."

I get down on one once, opening the box and looking up at Y/N, sparkles in my eyes from the stage lights shining down on us.

"Will you marry me?"

I notice tears running down Y/N's cheeks and smile warmly, anxiously waiting for Y/N's response. The entire venue is silent, waiting on the edges of their seats for Y/N's denial or approval. (Friend) and (other friend) are watching Y/N as well, waiting for him to reply.

Y/N looks absolutely gorgeous from this angle.

The stage lights give Y/N's skin and hair a slight golden hue, his eyes shiny with tears. He looks almost ethereal.

"I'd absolutely love to marry you, C/N."

I jump up excitedly, cheering in victory as I pull Y/N in for a passionate kiss. The crowd yells and claps loudly, congratulating us in beginning our journey through our future together. (Other friend) accidentally yells happily into the mic, but nobody seems to really care or notice.

"Those are my best friends! I'm so proud of you guys!"

I hear (friend)'s cheering and smile against Y/N's lips, chuckling lightly as we both pull away from the kiss. I carefully slip the ring into Y/N's finger and kiss his hand.

"I love you so much, C/N."

I smile fondly and gaze lovingly into his eyes, holding his hands.

"I love you too, baby. Always."

A/N: This was such a cute request oh my- tiwbgowjgke. I know it's really short, but I really hope I did well.