Your Honor (lemon + fluff)

Toffeefairy request

3rd person POV:

Everyone begins filing into the courtroom, taking their respective places. The jury moves into their designated area, the judge taking her place in the front of the room. The defendant and the plaintiff are seated, both waiting for their lawyers so the trial can begin.

After some time of the rest of the attendees talking amongst themselves, the doors to the courtroom open again. Y/N walks in, his confidence evident in his stride and the way he holds his head up high. He sits down next to his client, turning to him and discussing something with him quietly.

The doors open once more, catching the attention of most in the courtroom. C/N enters, catching Y/N's eye. Both of their gazes darken with frustration and a glimpse of a different, unidentifiable emotion as they glare at each other.

Before the thickening tension in the room can suffocate everyone further, C/N looks away and turns his focus back to getting to his area and discussing plans with his client. Y/N is seen sneering and muttering under his breath when C/N turns away.

Despite the subtle way Y/N insults C/N, C/N still notices Y/N's mocking behavior. C/N resists the urge to take matters into his own hands and show Y/N how to act, remembering the fact that he's about to represent his client in a trial.

"Court is now in session."

~*time skip*~

C/N POV:

"Did you or did you not start the argument with the plaintiff over the fact that he got with your ex girlfriend?"

The defendant nods without hesitation.

"I did."

"You also mocked the plaintiff when he replied honestly to your question, correct?"

"Yes I did."

This little instigator...

"One could say you were instigating and trying to make the plaintiff upset on purpose. Do you agree?"

"Technically yes-"

I immediately interrupt the defendant, already being fed up with the way he doesn't seem to have any respect.

"So, let me summarize this. You started an argument over the fact that the plaintiff got into a relationship with your ex girlfriend, and you mocked & teased the plaintiff when he answered your question. You acknowledge the fact that you were instigating and purposefully trying to make the plaintiff angry. Correct?"

"Yes."

"That will be all, your honor."

I sit back down in my seat, watching as Y/N writes something in his notepad. He looks at me and rolls his eyes.

He's such a brat.

The judge calls up one of my witnesses and Y/N stands up, pacing back and forth in front of them as he speaks.

~*time skip*~

After a while of zoning out, I hear Y/N's footsteps leading back to his seat next to his client. Y/N looks at me with a smirk before sitting down. I slightly furrow my eyebrows in confusion until I look at the judge. She's looking at my witness with a glint of disgust in her eyes.

What the hell did Y/N say to make the judge look that upset with my witness?

I look at Y/N, confused. I mouth to him:

'What the fuck?'

"Mr. C/N, I would appreciate if you would pay attention."

"I apologize, your honor. You now have my undivided attention."