Sleepwalking (fluff)

latteking254 request

C/N POV:

"Alright, it's nine o'clock. You know what that means?"

"Bedtime!"

"That's right. Good job, Jenna, Leah, and Luca. Go ahead and go change into your pajamas. I set them out on each of your beds so you don't get them confused."

"Thank you, Daddy."

Y/N gives Luca a fond smile and a nod at his gratitude. The kids start running up the stairs, prompting me to remind them that they're not supposed to.

"No running on the stairs."

"Sorry, Papa!"

Once the three of them are upstairs, I turn to Y/N with a gentle smile, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his forehead. He hums softly with content at the affection, giggling softly.

"Ready to go to sleep, Y/N?"

"Mhm. I'm tired. The kids were so wound up tonight."

"I know. At least it was cute."

Y/N hums in agreement, taking one of my hands in his and gently squeezing it affectionately. I gaze at him lovingly for a moment until I remember what were supposed to be doing.

"We should probably check on the kids before we lay down."

"Yeah, we should."

Y/N and I ascend the long staircase until we reach the top floor, holding hands the entire way. He guides me to the kids' bedroom, where we see each of them laying in their beds comfortably. Y/N & I both check on each of the kids individually, making sure each one sees both of us at least once.

Once we finish tucking them in, we exit the bedroom together. I shut the door behind us, contently coasting alongside Y/N in the direction of our bedroom. We plop down onto our bed, draping the covers over the both of us and snuggling closely. Y/N wraps his arms around me and burrows his face in the crook of my neck, sighing comfortably.

"Today was good. A little chaotic, but still good."

"Mhm. Remember, at dinner, when Jenna tried to say 'napkin' but it came out as 'nackin'?"

"Oh, yes. That was adorable. I should've recorded it."

I give a slight nod, delicately kissing the side of Y/N's head.

"Goodnight, my love."

"Goodnight, baby."

With that, Y/N falls asleep in my arms. I lay there and watch him for a while, wondering how in the world I was able to get so lucky in life to be able to have Y/N & our kids.

I'm truly the luckiest man alive.

Once the thought slips by, I feel exhaustion begin to kick in. I bury my face in Y/N's hair, drifting off to sleep soon after.

~*time skip*~

A few hours pass by, and I find myself awake again. I glance around the room groggily, blinking my eyes open and reaching for my phone on the table next to me. I turn my phone on and check the time.

3:25 AM.

I sigh softly to myself, wracking my brain to figure out why my body decided to wake me up so early.

I'm not hungry... I don't need to use the bathroom... I'm not anxious, either, for once... I didn't have a nightmare...

Once I eliminate all the other possibilities, I decide that I must be thirsty. I carefully sit up on the bed, making sure not to disturb C/N. I get out of bed as slowly as I can, trudging tiredly out of our bedroom. As I shuffle through the hallway, my eyes land on the kids' bedroom door. When I take a closer look, I notice that the door is no longer fully closed.