Silly Little Boy (lime)

ar1xisu request

⚠️Content warning: mention/discussion of gunshot injuries, mention of blood, argument⚠️

Y/N POV:

The persistent chatter between colleagues and fellow soldiers folks my ears as I enter the military base's cafeteria. I sit down at one of the benches, Tupperware container and fork in hand. I put the Tupperware and fork down, opening the container and looking into it with disappointment.

I know I said I was gonna start eating healthy, but why did I bring a salad?

I pick up my fork and stab the lettuce of the sad-looking concoction in my bowl, putting it into my mouth and trying to stuff it down.

I hear footsteps nearing my direction and look to the side of me, watching as an officer sits down next to me. He has his uniform on and wears a mask, covering everything but his piercing eyes.

C/N POV:

I read the name tag of the guy in the doctor's uniform sitting next to me, curious about his name.

Dr. Y/N. Interesting.

I see the disappointed look on his face as he eats his, frankly, pathetic excuse of a lunch and I slightly snort, handing him one of my sandwiches.

"Here, eat this instead. A salad doesn't give you much energy."

Dr. Y/N takes the sandwich from my hand, unwrapping it and setting it onto the table. He looks me up and down, a curious look in his eye as he mutters under his breath with a small smile.

"Thanks..."

He's kinda cute.

"No problem."

Dr. Y/N picks The sandwich back up and takes a bite, nodding in approval.

~*time skip*~

Y/N POV:

I hum quietly to myself as I pick up another box from the cart, reaching up and putting it into one of the higher shelves. Before I can grab another, someone opens the door.

"Force 021 just came back. We'll need you and the med kits."

I simply nod, following my fellow doctor out of the storage room. I quickly grab a couple of med kits from my office before hurrying to where the soldiers just arrived. I hand med kits to the other doctors, approaching one of the soldiers and laying him down on a cot.

"Everything is going to be okay, Sir."

The soldier slightly nods, looking up at me.

Why does he seem familiar?

"May I have your name?"

"C/N."

I grab my med kit and open it, looking back at C/N.

"Alright. Can I see your injuries?"

C/N lifts his shirt, revealing a large gunshot wound. My eyes slightly widen at the sight.

How the hell did he live through that?

Taking a closer look, a slight blush dusts my cheeks.

His abs are really toned, too.

After a few moments, I realize where my head is going and lightly slap myself, bringing myself back to reality.

Now isn't the time for that. I need to focus.