Switch (angst + fluff)

FluffBunWifuu request

Y/N POV:

With a swipe of my staff and a snap of the opponent's fingers, our forces collide, ricocheting off of each other and hitting the walls of the building around us with a loud crack.

"Shit, we need to go! This place won't hold up much longer!"

"Yeah, let's go! Now!"

I see my friends screaming at each other frantically, searching around for a way out. I see a nearby exit and point it out to them.

"There's a way out, guys!"

The other two hear my discovery and rush off, leaving me behind. Completely abandoning me.

"Wait, you forgot me! Hold on!"

It's no use, though. They're already gone but the time I finish my sentence.

Fuck, I'm gonna die here...

"Y/N, come with me!"

I look over at C/N, my long-time opponent and sworn enemy, confused.

"Wait what?"

"Come on! I'll help you!"

Not wanting to get crushed by concrete and metal, I immediately agree and hurry over to him. We can't get out in time before the building begins to collapse, though.

Shit-

Rather than hearing the sounds of my bones and muscles getting crushed, I hear someone snapping, a soft whirring sound following the snap. I open my eyes, looking around and seeing a transparent blue forcefield around C/N and I. I gawk up at him, completely shocked.

"I- um-"

"You alright, Y/N?"

I blink a few times, completely flabbergasted as I try to think up a response.

"Not really... My friends left me."

"Trust me, I know the feeling. It really. sucks."

Seeing as the building has finished collapsing, C/N takes down his forcefield and extends his hand toward me.

Wait, he might be tricking me.

"Well? Are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna let me help you up?"

Fuck it. I don't have anything left to lose at this point, so why not?

I take his hand, allowing him to pull me up from the ground. I take in our surroundings, my body frozen in place as I process the, now, disaster that is our old city hall.

Chunks of the building are scattered across the main road, nearby buildings up in flames from the damage. Dust is beginning to settle from the force of the collapse.

Holy shit.

"Everything's completely obliterated."

"I know, Y/N. I have a place we can go while my workers find someone to clean this up."

Unsure of where else to go from here, I silently agree. C/N, still holding my hand in his, takes me a few blocks away to his car.

"Go ahead and get in, Y/N."

I do as he says, stepping into his car and bucking myself in. He starts up the car and begins driving away from the rubble.

The newfound silence of the car gives me room for my thoughts to run free, no matter how heartbreaking they may be.