Breathe you in Like Smoke (lemon)

ar1xisu request 6/6

⚠️Mentions of smoking⚠️

Y/N POV:

I close my car door and lock the car, walking to the front doors of the lecture hall. I check my phone on my way to the doors, noticing the time and groaning in annoyance.

I'm two minutes late. Fuck. C/N's constantly on my ass about being on time to class. I just know he's gonna bitch at me in front of the class for it.

I roll my eyes to myself, walking up the stairs and opening the doors. I examine the hallway, glancing at the pictures on the walls of former students & teachers doing various school-related activities.

I spot the door at the end of the hallway, sighing to myself before turning the knob and stepping inside.

"Oh? Look who decided to join us. I started thinking you would never show up, Y/N."

"I'm only two minutes late. It's not that bad."

I roll my eyes and set my things into my desk, sitting down in my seat. C/N walks over to my desk, holding a small piece of paper out to me.

Seriously? Another late slip?
"What's that, C/N?"

I start playing dumb to get back at C/N for annoying me on purpose.

"First off, I've already told me to refer to me as 'Professor'. Get it right. Also, this is a late slip."

"A late slip? Why?"

"You were two a whole minutes late."

"So?"

"You need to start coming into class on time, Y/N."

Just as C/N says that, another student walks in late to class. C/N turns to get, smiling warmly.

"Hi, (student). Go ahead and sit down. I'll be with you to help you catch up in a minute."

I blink rapidly in desperation in disbelief, my jaw dropping.

"Oh, so it's fine when someone else does it?"

"They actually respect me. You don't."

"I'll start respecting you when you start respecting me, C/N."

"I've already told you to call me 'Professor'."

"No."

C/N rolls his eyes with a huff, placing the late slip onto my desk and walking back to the front of the class to continue teaching.

~*time skip*~

I look around the hallway, seeing nobody around. I take this chance to escape out the front door. I open the door, stepping out and walking to the nearby courtyard.

Once I arrive at the courtyard, I sit on a nearby bench. I search through my pocket for my new pack of cigarettes, eventually finding it and pulling it out. I take my lighter out and put my cigarette over it, lighting the cigarette.

When it's fully lit, I put it to my lips and take a breath, feeling the smoke as it moves into my lungs. I breathe out, watching as the smoke moves into the air. I'm about to put the cigarette to my lips again when I hear someone clearing their throat.

I look to my right and see none other than C/N standing there. I take a good look at him and see that he's smoking, too. It's oddly...

Hot.

"You shouldn't be smoking, Y/N. It kills your lungs."

I raise an eyebrow skeptically, looking him up and down. I cross my arms, struggling to keep my eyes off of his lips & the cigarette between them.