Dinner Party (angst + lemon + fluff)

A/N: There are mentions of alcohol and drugging throughout the story. If those are possible triggers for you, I would definitely not recommend you reading this story. Also, this story is 4,000 words long. Grab your blankets, make sure you're away from your family members, and enjoy.

Y/N POV:

I set all five plates at the table, one in front of each chair. I walk back into the kitchen to grab five sets of silverware, setting each set on the side of each plate. I grab wine glasses and place them around the bottle of my special wine in the middle of the table, finally finishing with the table setup.

Perfect. Now, we wait.

As soon as the thought pops up, I hear a knock at the door. A wide smile grows onto my face when I realize who it is.

"Coming!"

I happily stride to the front door, opening it and smiling politely at my party guests.

"Hey, guys. Come on in."

I move out of the way and let everyone walk into my living room, watching everyone file in. My gaze lingers on C/N when he enters behind everyone else, my mind slightly wandering before I snap myself out of it.

"Alright, everyone, go ahead and sit down at the table. I will meet you there in a minute."

As soon as everyone is in the dining room, I turn around and lock the front door. I begin moving from room to room, locking all of the other doors and windows in the house.

Once I finish locking every opening to the house, I sigh in content and start toward the kitchen.

I make my way to the kitchen, grabbing the containers of food and bringing them to the dining room table. I look around at the table, holding up different types of food and serving it to those who want it. Once I'm done, I sit down in my seat next to C/N and look at everyone with a kind smile on my face.

"Now, then, everybody dig in."

I watch everybody beginning to eat and start eating my food, myself, while keeping an eye on everyone else.

~*time skip*~

As soon as everyone finishes their food, I bring everybody's dishes and silverware into the kitchen & drop them into the sink. I make my way back to the dining room and look at everyone.

"Would anybody like to play a game? I have a few that we could play, if you'd like."

All four of the other guests look at each other for a second and turn back to me, nodding in agreement. I grin excitedly and skip toward my game closet, glancing at my options and spotting a particular game that sparks my interest. An excited smile grows onto my face as I grab the game and pull it out.

Perfect.

I start to head back to the dining room when I begin to feel a presence nearby, watching me. I glance around my surroundings, finding nobody. I turn back toward the direction of the dining room, beginning to hear quiet and quick footsteps leading away from me.

Curious, I inch toward the direction of the noise and eventually end up at my front door. I notice (C/N's best friend) standing at the door, ready to leave. I give her a concerned look and carefully stop her before she walks out the door.

"What's wrong? Why are you leaving so soon, (C/N's best friend)?"

A slight look of panic crosses her face before she answers.

"I'm getting tired, so I think I'm going to go home and rest. Thank you so much for inviting me, though, Y/N. I truly appreciate it."

I notice her rapid heartbeat and slightly trembling figure, hearing her shaky tone and have a realization.