Chapter 1.: The beginning

Today I woke up feeling a bit off. Like not bad off just general off. But I'm going to ignore it seeing it's my birthday today .

  I got up , stretched a bit and went to shower immediately. I don't like to do anything before shower . After showering i went into the kitchen and took a bowl of makkhan(butter) with me into the temple room where my little brother was.

  Oh , little brother as in Krishna, but for me he has always been kanha . Since I was small, i had always wanted a small sibling but i didn't have one . But after my family died in a bombing I felt the need to have someone. I needed someone to bring me out of the darkness that I was surrounding myself in. Then one day I read somewhere that God can be whatever you want them to be. And from then I decided that kanha is going to be my little brother. And our relationship started from then on. I always give him makkhan first thing in the morning.

  After giving makhan to him I went towards shiv-parvathi murti. It was beautiful. To be honest I was never very big on praying (Rituals) , I always felt that we were in a way being selfish. We don't give them anything and all we do was ask from them . I didn't like to do so I never really understood the hype . I guess having hope feels nice but it's not for me.

  Since the day I accepted kanha as my little brother, I also started to view Shiv Parvati as my parents.

  So my morning is usually spent with them , I light some agarbatti to make the room smell good ,and a Diya in front of them. And I sit here and eat my breakfast , have coffee in silence, sometimes I talk with them about how I think my day will go today.

  At night I usually read something about Mahabharat. I have always been fascinated with it. And it had little brother in it so i had to read it as well.
At night too before sleeping, i like coming here and talking about everything and nothing with them , my family. It feels like a therapy of some sort because I know they won't judge me . So it's really nice.

  Today was one such day , it was tough.
After having breakfast with them i went to my job. I work as a clinical psychologist in a big hospital. It's awesome to have the job I always dreamed of . I wanted to help people , when my parents died , i knew I was in depression since then I have always suffered through that. Something bad had happened to me in my childhood that made me have trust issues and bad anxiety.

  So from then i decided to be someone I needed then. Hence this. I love the job but sometimes it's heartbreaking hearing the stories of some people, the stuff they went through. I try my best to help but sometimes it's not really enough.

  It was such a day, as soon as I got there I got the news that one of my client had committed suicide and they were admitted in the hospital. I felt like the world had shattered, this was one of those days, the days where I failed as a psychologist. 

  I wasn't really in a state of mind to conduct any sessions. But i knew I had to , this was my job and many other clients needed me. So I steeled my heart and went to take my sessions. The sessions ended soon.

  I immediately ran where the girl was admitted. Her family was there , i went and sat outside. I know in this career you are  supposed to be neutral but I couldn't help it.  After an hour or two the doctor came out and informed the parents they couldn't save her.

  I got up went to the parents and asked sorry from them. After that i immediately went to the car , as soon as I was in it the dam broke. I cried like nothing.

  Quickly wiping my eyes, I drove towards my house. I know it was risky to drive in this emotional state but I wanted to be near my parents , i knew only they could give me some peace.

  As soon as I reached the home i went towards the temple room and sat down with my head on the feets of shiv Parvati statue. And I cried , I cried like My world ended and it felt like that too. I was distraught . I felt like I failed . After sometime sleep overtook me, and i slept there at the feet of my mother father.

  Before sleeping, the crying girl muttered the words which changed her destiny "Take me with you Mata"

  As soon as the girl slept , a bright light came from the statues...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
  And somewhere , in another time the most beautiful smile decorated the faces of devine...

____________________________________

P.S.

This story has no resemblance to the original Mahabharat. This is written by me. I don't own any pictures used in the book nor my cover. credit to those who made such a beautiful cover ❤️. if you want me to change it do message me 🙏🏻.  

This story will have themes you might not be comfortable with, of that's the case then do leave the story. It will contain themes such as homosexuality, biased support to protagonist, and story manipulation at the wishes of writers. If you're not comfortable with it please I request you to leave. And those who stayed . thank you so much. i promise you'll enjoy this story.🤞🏻