Chapter 45: Pacifying Mother

Bhagi slowly opened her eyes, squinting against the dim light that filtered through the opulent curtains draped around the royal chamber. The room was adorned with regal tapestries and gold-trimmed furniture, exuding an air of majesty that left her bewildered. She tried to make sense of her surroundings but found herself lost in a sea of confusion.

As her senses gradually came into focus, Bhagi realized she was lying on an ornate bed adorned with richly embroidered silks. The soft touch of cushions beneath her seemed to suggest that this not her room. Panic seized her heart as she struggled to recall how she ended up in such opulence, the memories of her recent past a hazy fog.

Gandhari, draped in royal attire, sat beside Bhagi, her blindfold concealing her eyes but not the air of regality that surrounded her. Duryodhana, the formidable and ambitious prince, occupied another seat, his gaze fixed on Bhagi as if waiting for even a slight movement.

Bhagi's head throbbed with unanswered questions. Where was she, and how did she find herself in this sumptuous room? The last thing she remembered was... Suyo!?

Her slight movement made the two present in the room very happy.

Gandhari, sensing Bhagi's disorientation, gently extended her hand and began to stroke her hair, a motherly touch that contrasted with the grandeur of the room.

Thirst parched her throat, and Bhagi, still bewildered, managed to utter, "Water, please."

Gandhari, without breaking her silence, gracefully poured water into a jeweled goblet and offered it to Bhagi.

Bhagi looked up at Gandhari and saw her blindfold still wet. She immediately sat up straight , "Ah.."

"Jiji !!", Duryodhana immediately came forward and held her shoulder stabling her.

Gandhari on the other hand started shouting, "SLOWLY! Don't you know you were injured? Oh no of course. No Why will she take care , right Suyo? No she will do what she wants! Not apply medicine , nor treat her wound, not eat.. NOTHING!..."

Gandhari looked in the direction of bhagi, "Do you care about me, your mata, bhagi?"

Bhagi immediately shook her head at such question,... just as she was about to answer, Gandhari interrupted her, "No, of course you don't. Otherwise, you would have taken care of yourself!"

Saying so Gandhari began to leave, bhagi started behind her , "Mata!"

But Suyo held her and did not let her leave, "Suyo leave me! MATA!!"

Suyo shook his head , "Mata is not angry, jiji. She is hurt!"

Bhagi looked at him with tears in her eyes, "But, why?"

Now it was Suyo's turn to glare at her, "You don't know jiji?, Look at your wound. Why did you not treat it? And Sahadéva told me, that you did not eat as well, WHY ?"

Bhagi looked down, "oh"

Suyo nodded... but as his words registered, she snapped her head upwards, "SAHDEV?!"

Now it was Suyo's turn to look sheepish..., "Yes, Sahdev is the one who treated you jiji!"

Bhagi became angry and started pacing, "How... How could you , Suyo?! I told you this secret should not go outside b-but, now..."

Suyodhana however did try to clarify, "b-but jiji, you fainted in my arms a-and I panicked... you were hurt..."

"SO WHAT!! I WAS HURT NOT DEAD!!", shouted bhagi angered.