Chapter 27: Kalapradarshan Part 2

Soon enough the Kalapradarshan was almost to an end. All the Kauravas had displayed their skills and talents. All the praja were very impressed by the Kauravas. They had always held the opinion that Kauravas were bad omen, were Adharmi. But the display at Kalapradarshan was showing them different scene altogether. They had assumed that being adharmi the Kauravas would be filled with negative traits like jealousy, anger and arrogance. But till now all they had witnessed was their undying loyalty towards their elder brother. And skills and talent of Eldest Kaurava. The praja were excited to see the remaining Rajkumar's their favorite ones. The remaining Pandavas.

Bhagi was also impressed by the valor and skills of remaining Kauravas. She saw how they had worked hard on their skills and a bit more of a concentrated practice would result in them becoming one of the bests in Aryavart. She knew now only the Pandavas were remaining. She was eager to see whether there is some change in the behavior of Pandavas or is it the same.

Dronacharya and Vidur were a bit unhappy as their plan had failed. They were hoping that Duryodhana would be tired after fighting with his brothers, but his brothers had outright refused to fight with him and instead chose to display their skills. But nevertheless, both were quite confident that Pandavas would be able to defeat Duryodhana easily.

The next name announced was of the eldest Pandava, The son of Dharmaraj, YUDHISHTHIRA. In the resplendent arena of Kalapradarshan, a hushed reverence swept through the crowd as Yudhishthira, the eldest Pandava, made his entrance. His arrival was marked by an air of stoic neutrality, a demeanor that mirrored his unwavering commitment to honor and righteousness.

Draped in attire of regal simplicity, Yudhishthira moved with a measured and deliberate stride. His form was lean and poised. Yudhishthira's visage was a portrait of composure, his face etched with the calmness he portrayed.

His raven-black hair, neatly arranged, framed a countenance that was a study in serenity. Yudhishthira's presence was devoid of pomp or vanity, a stark contrast to the opulence of the event. It was as though he carried with him the weight of responsibility and integrity, and this burden gave him an aura of simplicity. As Yudhishthira stood before the expectant crowd, there was a palpable sense that his arrival signaled not just a friendly match, but a display of moral fortitude and unwavering principles. His neutrality was a testament to his commitment to dharma, the code of righteousness that guided his every action. 

The arena, brimming with anticipation, awaited the clash of arms and the test of wits between the two potential candidates for Yuvraj pad, Yudhishthira and Duryodhana

As Bhagi watched the eldest Pandava, her smile had vanished from her face. She had a special kind of dislike towards the eldest of Pandava. She knew that the calmness was nothing but the fake portrayal. She had seen his real form in childhood itself when he had given a cruel, unjust punishment to a small kid for just an innocent act. Her eyes held tears as she remembered the screams of the child who had committed the biggest sin in the world of reciting a verse from Veda despite being a sut. Yes, she had been there that was the moment she had decided to gain education to prove that right to hold weapon is dependent on the one's ability and not on birth. As she had gained her memories, she understood it was none other than Shon, Karna's little brother. Yes, she remembered the original Mahabharata, but she also knew that unintentionally she had made a lot of changes already. Her presence was enough to change a lot of original things.