Chapter 9: Finding Guru-part 2

As the Devi whose penance was stolen was waiting, she began to cry thinking about her fate. She, who was a queen of the most prosperous kingdom reduced to this, and just sent a child to their doom. How selfish could she be, How selfish!! She cried bitterly thinking about the day her family was cursed , all because of a small mistake.

She and her family had been travelling when a beggar came to their cart, they didn't see them as they were the carriage , only king her husband was riding on the horse. He didn't stop and went ahead , the beggar was asking for just some water for his dying child but the king didn't stop , instead his guards pushed the beggar out of the way.

The beggar in his rage cursed the king that he could never have a child , never an heir will be born to him. Listening to this she was devastated, she quickly went down the carriage and pleaded the beggar for mercy. Seeing her tears , the beggar gave up his anger and gave a leeway , he said they would be able to have child but they themselves won't be an heir but they'll get an heir in the form of their spouse.

Also she'll have to do hard penance to get her child. As soon as she was cursed, she went to her guru , saint vishvamitra and asked for a solution. .he told her to penance to Mahadev and ask for a child. She had immediately set out to do penance, now several years later when her penance was done, it had been stolen from her... Along with whom she had just sent out their doom ...

As she was thinking about it she was crying bitterly. Suddenly two hands wiped her tears amd she quickly looked up , there it was the person with black mask holding her pot .

"How?", She was amazed , how had this child bought the pot from a asur nonetheless.

Bhagi smiled and moved the pot towards the woman and said ", Don't worry how I got it. It's yours , now complete your penance ".

"Yes, " smiled the queen and drank the water .
As soon as she drank it , the area was covered in whole with blinding light, the aura was so pure that the queen couldn't keep her eyes opened.

But bhagi , bhagi was looking directly at the light and she was astounded , there in front of her stood Mahadev in all his glory.

"Pranam" , said bhagi as tears filled her eyes, she never thought she would ever get to see her aradhya in front of her .

Mahadev smiled , he was very happy seeing his daughter. He knew for what purpose he had come here but it was up to her whether she'll chose them or not.

"Ask what is that you want?", Said Mahadev to bhagi. He obviously knew it was the queen who had done penance but this, this was another test to know her .

" Me? No Mahadev , it's not me who has done penance. It's this devi, please fulfill her wish?" Said bhagi gesturing towards the Devi who stood stock still .

The queen couldn't believe how this child is so selfless , how could someone in front of Mahadev not ask what they desired given such a golden chance. How?

"Very well, please ask what you wish for, queen of Magadha?", Said Mahadev .

"A child, Prabhu, i want a child ", said the queen .

"As you wish, you'll be blessed with a child. Your cursed is uplifted. Your child and their spouse will be very important in the dharmastapna. This child will be the strongest support of a very important person." Mahadev glanced towards bhagi and continued, "Don't stop them from learning, don't bind them in societies role, let them be free . For their teaching take them to guru vashishta. He will guide them . Tatastu! "

" Thank you Prabhu, thank you ", cried the queen happily.

Bhagi smiled seeing this. She was very happy for the queen of Magadha. She felt an unknown bond towards this unborn child of queen.

"Now", said Mahadev looking towards bhagi "i want you to ask me for a boon ",

"But , I didn't do any penance, prabhu ", said bhagi confused.

"I know , but seeing your honesty, I'm impressed, ask what you wish for", smiled Mahadev.

"B-but," "no buts , ask for a boon... " said queen of Magadh looking at the child. How the hell could this child not just ask for a boon that the mahadeva was giving.

"Ok, I have searched for guru everywhere , but no one is willing to teach me, either because of my caste or my gender. Will you and Mata Shakti teach me, Prabhu? ", Asked bhagi looking at Mahadeva. ..

The queen looked towards the child, she understands there is the caste system but how could a guru who's dharm is to grant knowlege , discriminate against such a good , brave, valourous child?

"Sure. But tell me, why shakti too? You know I can teach you everything. Why do you need to learn from both of us? ", Asked Mahadev.

Bhagi looked towards him and said " Deva , i want to learn complete knowledge, i can't do that with you alone Prabhu. Mata is an inseparable part of you, just learning for you i won't be able to know complete knowledge, Prabhu. You and Mata are one and the same , i want to earn my knowledge from you both, please?",

"Of course, I am willing to teach you , putri" said a voice and Devi shakti appeared besides Mahadeva.

"Mata!",. Said bhagi as she kneeled and started crying. "thank you , thank you !".

"Come lets go towards the new chapter of your life , bhagirathi", smiled Mahadev and stretched his hand towards bhagi , who quickly took it.

"Bye queenmother !!" Said bhagi as she disappeared.

"Bye .. " said queen of Magadha. She didn't know why but she was feeling elated for this kid but sad too that she had to be separated from her, yes her. Mata Shakti clearly called her putri.. she didn't know why but her heart was screaming for her to hug the girl and hold her close.

She held her hand towards her stomach and wished unknowingly that her future child to have a spouse like this girl. The girl who saved her kingdom , the girl who fought a asur for a random woman, the girl who selflessly gave Mahadeva's boon to her , the girl who is 'Bhagirathi'.

____________________________________

Thank you for reading. I hope you liked the chapter ☺️