Chapter 26: Kalapradarshan Part 1.

Hastinapur, the magnificent, vast and powerful kingdom, stood as a beacon of regal splendor as it welcomed the kings and envoys of neighboring realms. Its grandeur was evident in the opulent architecture, with towering spires and intricately adorned palaces that glistened in the sunlight. At the heart of this regal display lied a meticulously arranged courtyard adorned with vibrant floral arrangements and draped in rich silks. A feast of unparalleled grandeur awaited within the palace walls, a testament to Hastinapur's hospitality and opulence. As the envoys and kings entered, they were greeted with the harmonious melodies of court musicians, the fragrant scent of exotic spices. In this resplendent city, alliances are forged or forced, friendships cultivated and destroyed, the city of conspiracies and power, Hastinapur opened its majestic gates to the world.

Finally, after a long wait the princes had arrived and it was time to start the Kalapradarshan. All the invited kings were seated.

The arena was arranged such that all the spectators could see the grand show. As one entered the Arena one could see the royal family seated at the front. On the top sat the king of Hastinapur, Dristhrashtra. On his side stood Sanjaya. Just One step below stood the backbone of Hastinapur, The great gangaputr Bhisma. On the other side stood the brains, the advisor Vidur. On the same step there was an area at right side arranged for all the women.

On the step below there were various seats on left and right side arranged for the special guests that had arrived to witness the grand celebration. And surrounding the area on all four fronts were seats like an auditorium for the common people to seat. People had started arriving since morning eager to book the best seat in the arena to witness the prowess of princes of Hastinapur.

It was truly a grand display. Entire Hastinapur was present in the area. Both Jayant and Indrina had also arrived early after finishing their work and had booked a seat in the arena. Soon the Kalapradarshan was going to start.

Kripacharaya who stood by Bhisma and Vidur gestured towards the kings and said, "It seems Magadha raj has not arrived, but they have sent a representative and that too a female. I've been informed that she is from the Nishad tribe"

Vidur frowned and said, "This can hinder our plan... but if we show that this is disrespect of Hastinapur, we can work with that still."

Soon enough, the drums started beating as the great guru of 106 prince's, Bharadwaja Putra, Dronacharya came. As he strode with arrogance into the grand arena of Kalapradarshan, his presence seemed to eclipse all others. His gait was regal, each step echoing with the confidence of a master of warfare. A majestic, flowing beard framed his face, and his eyes, sharp as the edge of a sword, scanned the assembly with a piercing intensity that bore witness to a lifetime of martial expertise. His stance exuded authority and pride, and his broad shoulders bore the weight of his accomplishments. His armor, gleaming with a lustrous sheen, symbolized not only his mastery of the battlefield but also his unyielding commitment to his principles.