02

As you walked down the street, you noticed a crowd of people gathering at some sort of scene. Curious, you joined the crowd as well.  The villain let out a roar, and was destroying anything in it's path. As it continued to destroy and roar about, you heard someone from the distance. 

  "Woah! that's one huge supervillain!" a familiar voice said. Soon enough, the hero's came. 

The area was seemingly filled with excitement and thrill. However, you were not. The things that took place before you were things yo had seen day by day, nothing new. So instead of wasting your time on useless nonsense such as watching the villain do what it did best, you just started heading to school.

𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥.

"So, as third year students, it's time to start thinking seriously about  your futures and what you  want to do with your lives."

"Now, I could pass out these career aptitude tests but... why bother? I know you all want to go to the hero track!" Your teacher said, as the class cheered. 

They started to show off their quirks, and Izuku raised a quiet hand. He seemed embarrassed about his dreams, due to him being quirkless. You raised your hand as well. It was your soul's purpose to become a hero, at least that's what you thought.

"Yes, yes, you've all got wonderful quirks, but no power usage in school! get ahold of yourselves."

  "Hey teach, don't let me in with this bunch of losers. I'm the real deal, but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks to some busted d-lister, ha!" Katsuki laughed, the smuggest look on his face. Then the class erupted into angry shouts.

"You think you're better than us!?" Someone had shouted, "Let's go! I'll take you all on!" Katsuki replied. 

  "Huh, you've got impressive test results, maybe you will get into U.A high." The teacher states. 

The class then went about how difficult it was to get into a school such as U.A. Katsuki only smirked, "And that's exactly why it's the only place worthy of me! I aced all the mock tests! I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance at getting in."

"I'll end up more popular than All might himself. I'll be the richest hero of all time, people all across the world will know who I am! It all starts with U.A high!" The blonde shouted, standing on top of his desk.

You scoffed and laughed. "Oh yea, Midoriya, don't you want to go to U.A as well?" The teacher asked, "What about you, (L/N)?" you nodded in response. Katsuki paused as he heard Izuku's name.

 It was silent for a bit, until everyone broke it with their laughter.

  "Midoriya? That can't be right! there's no way you're getting in the hero course without a quirk!" The students continued to mock and tease at him.

"A-Actually they got rid of that rule! I could be the first one!" Izuku said, trying to defend himself, only for Katsuki to interrupt him by using his quirk to destroy his desk, knocking Izuku back. 

"Listen Deku, you're even worse than these damn rejects, you quirkless wanna be! You really think they'd let someone like you in when they could have me?" Katsuki asked, Izuku stumbled on his words.

  "Your own mother doesn't want you, what makes you think the hero course would??" You said, tilting your head a bit.

Katsuki slowly turned to you.

"Shut your ugly ass mouth." He said.

"Shut that ugly ass attitude up." You replied.

Katsuki scoffed.

  "You've got it all wrong! It's just, I've wanted to be a hero since I was little. I may not have a quirk, but I can still try my hardest, Can't I?" Izuku asked, shifting Bakugou's attention back to him.

  "You'd never be able to hang with the best of the best, you'd die in the exams! Defenseless Izuku. This school's already crappy, you really want to embarrass it more by failing so hard? " Katsuki asked.

End of the day.

Everyone had left except for a few others. 

 "Wow, (N/N), that fight from this morning is all over the news, huh?" Izuku asked, "Yea, I know." You chuckled.

"You should get some notes down so you don't forget anything." You suggested, and Izuku smiled while grabbing his notebook, only for Katsuki to rudely snatch it out his hand. You stared blankly at him.

  "I don't know what y'all think we're doing, but we're not done." Katsuki said, as his friends mock Izuku for his notes. Izuku asked for it back, but katsuki used his quirk to destroy it some. "That's so mean." Izuku whined, as katsuki threw the notebook out the window, making Izuku scream.

 "Most first string hero's show potential early on, people look at them and just know they're destined for greatness."

 "When I'm the only student from this garbage junior high to get into U.A, people will start talking about me like that. They'll realize I'm legit, the next big thing. That's not ego talking, I just know I'm good."

"Ego.." One of Katsuki's friends sang after he finished his little speech.

He placed his hand on Izuku's shoulder and smiled.

"Here's a little word of advice, nerd. Don't even think about applying, or else." Bakugo said, as they then began to walk away, and his friends once again mocked Izuku.

"You know, if you really want to be a hero that badly there actually might be another way. Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of a building." Katsuki smiles.

You weren't shocked, nor were you surprised. You knew Katsuki long enough, but this.. this was too far.

"Do you ever get tired of being such a horrible person?" You asked.

The blonde only stared back at you.

"...Nah."