34

"You know.. there's this move I've been working on." Katsuki smirked, "Allow me to demonstrate!"

Katsuki then propels himself into the air using his quirk. His face contorted into an expression of malice. "Howitzer.." He then began to spin through the air at an alarming rate, creating a tornado out of smoke. You couldn't see much of him, due to the smoke that had engulfed his body. You were only able to see his head. "Impact!" He launched at you, as he released an extremely large explosion. He basically turned himself into a nuke.

The arena was filled with smoke, and the stench of toxic fumes. He laid on the floor, as he smirked to himself. He then noted that you were nowhere to be found... His smirk soon dropped, and he found himself scanning the arena, looking for you.

A small chuckle came from behind him, as the smoke cleared. However, he wasn't in the arena anymore? The smoke cleared to reveal a devastating site. Something he dreaded happening, something he rebuked. Something he refused to think about, a site he feared most.

Despite this being something that had never happened to him, and something he hoped he would never see, it was all too familiar to Katsuki.

You laid on the ground in front of him, unconscious, dead. You had stopped breathing, and your skin and blood ran cold. Your eyes were clouded, as they had been drained of any and all life. Your body was covered in burns and open wounds. You laid there lifeless, as your souless eyes stared into Katsuki's fear driven ones. 

He laid there, in a complete state of shock. "No.. please. This- this can't be happening.. this isn't happening.." His voice broke with every word he spoke, as he felt himself beginning to cry.

Of course it wasn't real! You were perfectly fine, and stood behind him. A slight chuckle escaped your from your lips. You had no idea this was his worst nightmare. You were not at all aware of his fear of losing you, but you were now. You didn't force him to see this scenario specifically, you were expecting his worst fear to be something that related to him being quirkless, or powerless to some extent. Never this.

It amused you for some reason, but you saw how this was genuinely effecting him, and made it stop. A humored expression painted your face, as you walked up to Katsuki. The smoke cleared in his vision, not in reality.

Your footsteps echoed through his ears, as the tears flowed down his cheeks. He turned around, and saw your figure, walking out from the smoke. It still surrounded you two, so nobody was able to see what was happening.

His breathing became shallow, and heavy at the same time. He gulped, trying to regain himself. He was confused. He snapped his head back, to see that your dead body was no longer there. He turned back around, facing you. You were now in front of him, looking down upon him.

"(F/N)?" He asked, as he reluctantly, but desperately reached out to touch you. He hand made its way to your leg, as he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. It was you. You were alive, and unharmed. He looked away, but then realized something. This battle wasn't over, and he'd be damned if he lost to the likes of you. So, he took the chance, and activated his quirk. He looked at you, anger washed over his face like a wave. "No. We're not done yet." He said coldly.

He let off an explosion, ignoring the excruciating pain that emanated his palms.

He just kept amusing you for some reason, it made zero sense to you. You dragged your hands through the air, as ice began to erupt from beneath the ground, following the movements in which your hands went. Katsuki was now trapped in the ice's embrace. He melted the ice with his quirk, and plunged forward. He phased right through you, which confused him. You turned around a bit, facing your palm towards him. You giggled, as you released a powerful beam of light towards him, knocking him back.