31

As of Midnight's announcement, you paused. Shoto, despite being unconscious, did not let go of your hand. His grip softened a bit, but he didn't let go. So, very slowly, you removed your hand from his grasp.

One million thoughts clouded your mind. In the midst of this chaos that embedded your mind, you began to feel lightheaded. Your breaths were short, as you felt your energy waning. Quickly, you exited the arena so nobody would see you pass out.

Everyone was practically speechless. The arena was damn near destroyed, half the people had almost blown away, literally.

You stopped at the hall of the inside of the building, as you had to catch your breath. You crashed into the wall, as you felt yourself slipping. Desperately, you tried to ground yourself so you wouldn't pass out.

You heard footsteps approaching, they were a bit heavy sounding. You looked up weakly, to find Endeavor standing before you. He looked at you with a slight somber expression, but you could see his fury peaking through. You tried to gain your balance in front of him, but stumbled. His gaze sharpened, as he noticed your lack of energy.

"How did you do that?" He asked, firmly.

"Do what?" You responded, as you continued to struggle with yourself.

     "That immense show of power. What. was. that?" You understood his question clearly, and honestly, not even you could answer it. You could see the rising the anger build inside him. This man, was not at all content with his son's loss. Especially, not to you. "He should have beat you. If he had just used the power I gave hi-"

"You're wrong." You spoke, interrupting him. This caused him to raise a brow.

   "Even with his fire, he had a very slim chance of beating me. On top of that.." You focused your gaze directly on his.

  "That power is his. You should remind him of that. I don't understand why you force him to use it, but obviously it's not working. He's not doing as you want, and I know you've noticed that. I don't know what bar you've set for him, but you should lower it a bit. You're pushing him too hard, too far. From my understanding, you have a slightly unrealistic expectation for him. Accept that there are people stronger than Shoto. Accept that he will not always prevail. You should accept that he won't always comply."

  "Accept that he will never be like you.."

"Accept that he isn't you."

He shook your words off, and spoke once more. "With a power such as yours, you would hold great use to many causes. My son is very powerful, and so are you.." He stared into your eyes, as you knew where he was going with this.. "Your powers combined could hold a use greater than anything imaginable. Which, is why I ask what I'm about to ask you, (F/N)."

As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, a voice rang through the area.

    "Endeavor." It spoke coldly, you immediately knew who it was. Your mother. Her footsteps echoed throughout the halls, as it became dead silent.

   She walked up to the hero, and smiled. A very fake smile. "It's been quite the while.." Inami's gaze softened upon seeing you. She looked a but upset, though. As the two opened their mouths to speak, you felt yourself grow dizzy. Soon enough, you passed out.

Without a second thought, your mother caught you in her arms, breathing heavily. Fury arose inside of her, and she looked at Endeavor over her shoulder. Her gaze pierced through his soul. She heard everything Shouto said to you. She blamed them both. Shouto and Endeavor.

Carefully, she picked you up. She then made her way to recovery girl, hoping she could restore some of your energy.

As she walked through the halls, she began to think to herself.

   Shouto saying all of that was a complete choice. She couldn't blame the boy entirely, since he was raised by a monster, but she still held him accountable for his words. What he spoke was completely unnecessary, and untrue. Never in million years, would you have ruined her life, or anyone else's.

She loved you.

Her dearest.

Her most prized possession.

Her sanctuary, her savior.

Nothing, no one, compared to you.

A/N: really short chapter, im so sorry. Obviously, we've seen shorter. ANYWAYS, I HOPE YALL ENJOYYYYYY!! ALSO, theres more coming, obviouly.