22

"Allow me to explain." Midnight started, "The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game, but there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results of the obstacle course." She explained, but apparently she wasn't done.

When everyone started catching on and explaining it to others a bit better..

  "MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU!" Midnight shouted, making you laugh. It was funny to see her so out of character, at school, at least.

"Now then. The point assignments go up by increments if five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten." She explained further.

"And the point value assigned to the first place contestant is.. ten million!!" (Yall that math was not mathing😕) She announced. Everyone was now staring daggers at Izuku, including you.

"That's right. It's survival of the fittest. For those at the bottom have the chance to overthrow the top!" As a hero, being the best of the best isn't always easy. You'll have other heroes striving and fighting for your spot, best be prepared.

  "First years, these are the rules you'll abide by: The game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth, thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise to raise your team's score."

"Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing. Even if you're headband get's stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until times up!" Midnight was doing her job well, you had to admit.

"This'll be tough. You may use your quirks as much as you like. But there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified! Now, you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams! I recommend you get started" Midnight said.

You were a bit lost in thought. 'Knowing me, I would much rather be on the sides. I'll need a strong central lead, with strong backup too. My quirk can be used for both offense and defense, but I'll have to focus on one or the other.'

You hadn't noticed the crowd of people surrounding you, asking you to on their team.

You felt someone smack the back of your head, snapping you out of your trance like state, "JOIN MY TEAM SHUG!" Katsuki shouted, you rubbed your head and flipped him off. "U-um, (F/N)? Would you like to join my team?" Izuku asked, he looked shy for some reason.

Smiling, you kindly declined. "Usually, I'm on your side. Today, things will be slightly different." You got closer to him, putting your arms around his neck. and whispered in his ear. (ive been using character ai..)

"As of now, we're rivals.~" You slowly slid your arms off of him, "Don't disappoint!" He gulped, a dark shade of red covered his face. "I-I'll try not to!"

Someone then gently grabbed your hand, causing you to turn around.

    "(F/N), please, join my team." Shoto asked, you looked over to find Yaomomo and Iida looking back at you. "Of course." Still holding your hand, he led you over to them.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Sorry, he grabbed me first." You said to everyone who was trying to get you on their team.