20

There was a large crowd of students gathered at the entrance of class 1a.

"Why the heck are you all here?"

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?"

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage!"

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack." Katsuki said, walking towards the rather large number of students, stopping once he got past the doorway.

"At least you know now what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras." Katsuki never seemed to think before he spoke, he just said whatever came to mind. Because of this, Iida started to shout at him, with Ura and Izuku scrambled to find the right words to say in that moment.

"Pop off, twin." You said.

"So, this is class 1a." Someone spoke from inside the crowd.

"I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or is it just you?" He gently pushed his way through the students he was surrounded by. He had fluffy purple hair, and looked as if he hadn't gotten much sleep.

Your peers shook their heads, trying to say they were different from the hothead they knew as Katsuki.

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs." The purple haired boy said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I wanted to be in the hero course. But like many others here I was forced to find a different track, such is life." Katsuki tsked in response.

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to to the hero course. Likewise, they'll have to transfer people out to make room." Everyone gasped at the thought, you were interested as to what words would come out of his mouth next.

"Scouting the competition?" He asked, looking at your classmates.

"Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to tell you that if you don't do your very best in this event, I'll sweep your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war." He then stared at you.

"Especially you. You might be even worse than your friends." You were now very curious.

"How so?" You asked, not even bothering to look back at him.

"People with quirks like yours tend to be egotistical, believing they are better than everyone else, simply because they have a better quirk. As of now, you haven't even bothered to look me in my eyes not once. I have no doubt you're as delusional as your friend here, but by all means, prove me wrong." He said to you.

You let out a small chuckle. "People like you tend to project their insecurities onto others. Deeming the qualities and traits they possess 'bad' simply because you don't have them. For example, pride, I see that is something in which you lack. Or maybe even confidence?" You were now locking eyes with him, your face showing no signs of anger, or any emotion that might've implied his words were getting to you.

"Oh, but by all means, my dear, prove me wrong." You gave a closed eyed smile. Silence engulfed the halls.

'She doesn't seem to bad.' He said to himself, smiling at you.

"HEY YOU!!! I'M FROM CLASS 1B NEXT DOOR TO YOU!!! WE HEARD YOU FOUGHT SOME VILLAINS AND I CAME TO SEE IF THAT WAS TRUE! FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF BRATS WHO THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN US!" Another person from within the crowd shouted. He resembled kirishima a bit. Katsuki ignored the boy's angry shouts, and continued to walk.