episode 5: that charming smile

Clad in my best outfit, I walked all the way to the JYP Ent. building since I did not have enough money for a cab. I had put some effort in dressing up today -- black baggy jeans, a white shirt, and a red flannel over it. Usually, I was always in my pyjamas, but I had to look presentable today. I was going to the company for the first time after rounds and rounds of auditions, and this time, I was selected as a trainee. 

I had read in the selection mail how I did not have to train for dancing and singing; instead,  was supposed to be producing music with a few others, learning from each other for betterment of all of our skills. With my laptop bag slung over one of my shoulders, I reached the gates of the company, and stood before the door for a moment. 

This was where I was meant to make a commencement to my journey of achieving what I was meant for. Music is what I am made for, and starting now, I was going to make it happen. 

I had to make it happen. 

With that overflowing motivation in my mind, I opened the door and walked in. 

---

It was a different world inside the premises of that building. Countless other trainees roamed around, music blared in every sector of the building, and as I looked through the windows, heavy dance regimes were followed to the sound of that same loud music. I aimlessly wandered around, entranced by this extremely different world, and I suddenly remembered that I had to find a man named Mr. Ahn to help me get to work, as it was described in the mail. 

I went to the registration offices, and my introverted mind berated me for simply just walking into this building without having prepared myself for talking to strangers and asking them the most basic questions. However, I knew that this was my only chance at making a future out of my passion, and I was ready as ever to ignore my introversion and ask people. 

So I went to a random man in the office, and asked, "Hello, sir. Where can I find Mr. Ahn?" 

The grey-haired man looked up at me, "You're talking to the man himself." 

That was easy. 

"Oh, um, good morning, sir!" I bowed before him, "I am Lee Kaira, a new trainee here for music production. I am supposed to be starting from today." 

"Oh, welcome," he spoke as sweetly as he could in his croaked voice, "I'll hand you your schedule, you can go to Room 4 on the third floor and start today." 

As he printed out some kind of a tabular schedule, he jerked it to see whether the ink on the paper was still wet, and them handed it to me, "All the best." 

I bowed at him again and walked out of the registration office, heart pounding in my chest for having talked to a stranger without stammering. Introversion was tough, I reckoned, as I boarded the elevator to third floor. 

As I traveled upward, I read my schedule to see where I had to be at what time of the day. The elevator's doors opened, and I was still reading my schedule when I tried to walk out and bumped shoulders into someone. 

I lifted my head off the schedule, and the man -- who was about to walk into the elevator but had bumped shoulders with me -- turned around and bowed, his black hair lightly bouncing as he apologised, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" 

I stood speechless on my spot, heart beating wildly in my chest and breaths coming shorter and shorter. My eyes had widened a considerable amount, I believe, but my mouth went dry and my mind spiralled into a haze. The man smiled and turned around, walking into the elevator, and I saw the door close behind him. 

And how I could I not recognize that charming smile? It was Bang Chan, after all. 

(a/n: aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH- 

Idk why but i kinda fangirled at the last scene, aND IM THE ONE WRITING IT 

HOW WAS THISSSS? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)