episode 42: love doesn't punish

Scattered sunbeams struck my eyes in fragile attacks as I shuffled, and it did not take me long to open my eyes to see the sight of a sleepy Chan smiling at me, lying beside me, a white sheet covering both of us. I grinned at him, knowing that waking up with him like this had already been etched into my mind as a core memory. 

"Good morning, sunshine," he spoke, his voice slightly hoarse. 

"Morning, baby," I turned to face him fully, "When did you wake up?" 

"Just a few minutes ago," he replied, as we talked in hushed whispers, "Thankfully, though. I got to see you sleep." 

"I wanted to do that!" I giggled, pulling his cheek, "Wanted to see how pretty you look while sleeping." 

"Well, I don't know about that," he hummed, "But I can tell you that you look very, very pretty." 

"While drooling? Seriously?" I chuckled, and he protested, "Hey! I do that too!" 

I laughed harder, and my hand automatically found its way onto his face, tracing the lines of his perfectly created, God-like features. From his forehead to his nose, to his cheek and to his lip, and to his neck and to his collarbone, I traced it all with my finger, perhaps to let myself realize that all that was happening was true; that it had really happened. I had married Bang Chan. He loved me. We were together forever. It still seemed like a far-fetched dream, but to help myself realize, I looked up at him, and realized that he had been intently staring back at me. 

I tried to shake myself back into the moment, "Mm?" 

Chan held my hand in his, kissing my knuckles, "I still wonder whether this is all a dream." 

My eyes widened slightly; that was exactly how I felt. He continued, "I wonder how I got lucky enough to have you." 

"That's... exactly how I feel," I murmured. 

"That makes the two of us," Chan smiled, playing with my hand as he ran his fingers across it. The childlike innocence in his actions made me giggle, and also unable to believe that this was the man whom I had made love with the previous night. 

"Ahh," he turned to face the ceiling, "I don't want this moment to end." 

"Agreed," I snuggled closer to him, placing my head on his bicep and my hand on his chest, "I could lay here forever with you." 

I could hear him smile, "And there's no work. We could really laze around, you know." 

"I don't have an issue with that," I hummed, "In fact, we have all the time in the world." 

"This is what I have been dreaming of for the past two years," Chan spoke, and I looked up at him, "Yeah?" 

"Yeah. Just us, bonded by the vows of marriage, laying together so close." 

I giggled, "What else did you dream of?" 

He placed a chaste kiss on my lips, "Well, I pictured marrying you and going on numberless dates with you for the rest of my life... having children with you... growing old with your hand in mine, and perhaps going out knowing that I lived all my dreams with you." 

"Shh," I looked at him right in the eye, "We don't have to think about dying yet, baby. We've got a long life to live, together. What would I do without you?" 

Chan chuckled, "Relax, baby. Nothing's happening right now. We're safe, we're good," he kept my head on his chest, his muscular arm wrapping around my form and securing me in his hold, "We're in love, and love doesn't punish." 

(a/n: oh god, the way the last sentence can have a million connotations- 

i dropped a message on my mb last night about how i wasn't able to write at all, and it's 5:20 AM the next morning as i write this. i'm still sad, i just didn't know what else to do with myself 

how was this?? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)