episode 37: she still loves you

The week passed by like a gust of fresh air, and before I knew it, the day of the wedding had arrived at my door. 

My mother, Chan's mother, and Hannah were all there to get me ready for the much-awaited event, and after I got dressed, I sat down before the mirror, as a stylist did my makeup and hair. Chan's mother smiled at me, saying, "My daughter-in-law looks absolutely angelic." 

"Thank you... mom," I hesitantly let out, and she stepped forward in her heels, caressing my hair, and said, "Don't be so hesitant, child. You're a part of our family now." 

I eased a little; I had previously been getting the jitters, and this conversation was helping me relieve quite a bit of the anxiety. The stylist dusted the blush on my cheeks, and my mother spoke, a bit teary-eyed, "You're already so grown up." 

"I'll always be the same old Kaira, mom," I tried to console her, and the stylist applied a coral-shaded lipstick on my lips. My mother hugged me from behind, making the stylist step away for a brief moment, and my sentimental mother kissed my forehead, "You'll always be my little child." 

I wanted to cry, but this was not the moment. No, it was not. 

I was getting hitched to the man I had once been lovelorn for. The world had spun the opposite way, and my dreams, my aspirations, and my wishes had come true. Bang Chan -- the man I loved with every fiber of my body, every piece of my heart, every wake of my soul -- was going to be connected to me eternally. From now on, our names were meant to be taken together, our fingers bonded together by the little rings we had exchanged, our lives intermingled in the most blissful way possible. 

Here, I blur into him. 

Before I knew it, my makeup was done, and the mothers had walked out to attend to the guests, the stylist had packed up her stuff, and Hannah had left to check up on Chan. I was left all alone, and the anxiety was back; I was not nervous about the wedding -- I was stressed about messing up the ceremony. 

"Hey, hey." 

I heard her voice. Eunji

I turned toward the source of it, and found her leaning against the adjacent wall, her hands folded against her chest and a fond smile on her lips. 

"Eunji," I brightened up, and she chuckled, walking up to me. 

"It's your wedding," she spoke, "To Bang Chan. Aren't you the happiest today?" 

I nodded at her, and she turned me toward the mirror, fixing my veil on my head. As she did that, she set a lock of my hair correctly, saying, "It is supposed to be your big day. Biggest, in fact. He's the one you've always wanted, correct?" 

"Absolutely." 

"And he's finally yours!" Eunji giggled, having fixed the veil and now leaning down, her head on my shoulder as the two of us looked at the mirror. The charming youthfulness of her face was still intact, I observed, and she spoke, "I won't spoil much for you, but here it goes: time will stop -- not literally, idiot -- the second you lay your eyes on each other, and it would feel like all your life has lead you two to this moment. As if the sun shone for him, as if the moon glimmered for you. And then you will speak the vows, and it will be very, very emotional. You would want to bawl like a baby but out of happiness. And guess what? This will be a day that you will remember for the rest of your life." 

"You made it sound so... dreamy," I murmured, enchanted by her words. 

"Because it will be, stupid!" Eunji laughed, and then she stood between me and the mirror, facing me and gently smiling, 

"Remember that I'll be praying for you and your happiness, hm? Your sister might be no more, but she still loves you." 

"Eunj-" 

The door opened behind me, and I turned around to see my mother calling for me, "Kaira, come! It's time!" 

"But don't you see-" I turned around to face the mirror, and there was no sign of Eunji anymore. All I saw was my reflection, and not her body blocking my vision. I frowned, and my mother came to me, "Something wrong, dear?"

"No..." I mustered up a smile, and stood up, not even daring to touch the veil that Eunji had fixed, "Let's go." 

My mother led me out of the chamber, and at the door of the altar stood my father, clad in a tuxedo, wiping his tears with a handkerchief. 

"Dad..." I softly called out, and he turned to me, alarmed, and hid his handkerchief, "Oh, child? A-Are you ready?" 

I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around his body instantly, and he did not waste a single second to hug me back. His voice cracked as he spoke, "My little girl is getting married today." 

I pulled away, wiping his tears off with my palms, "But I'll always be your little girl, hm?" 

"Time passed too quickly," he breathed in and out, "I wish I could relive your childhood again." 

I smiled at his innocence, "But we can live these moments together, right, dad?" 

He nodded, blinking back his tears and wiping his face with his handkerchief, "Yes, my dear. Now let's walk into your new life together."

He offered me his arm, and I grasped onto it, smiling at him. 

And the doors to the altar opened. 

(a/n: wholesome. very wholesome. i love eunji so much. 

the next chapter will be up soon!! hang on for a while!! :D

how is the new cover btw?? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)