episode 36: just a week

In about a week from now, I would be married to Bang Chan. 

The statement of our wedding was already out to the public, and Stays were going berserk over the news. The response was more or less positive; for half of the fandom was wishing us a good life together, and the other half was wondering how they had not noticed that Chan was dating me all this time. 

As I sat in the car, I read the comments under the statement: 

"She's so lucky to be getting married to him!! Godddd I wish I was her!!" 

"HOW DID WE NOT KNOW???????"

"They look so cute together ohmygod kskkdkadkakdjkaks I'm going to cry" 

"I hope she takes care of Channie as any of us would <3" 

I will take care of him with the best of my efforts -- I thought as I smiled, and the person beside me coughed to get my attention. 

I turned to her, and it was Hannah; the two of us had ventured out to get my wedding dress and accessories. Although we had given the measurements already, we were on our way to try it out and pick it up. Hannah and I sat in the backseat, and she made a Lenny face, "Whatcha thinkin' about?" 

"Me? Nothing," I brushed it off. 

"I bet you were thinking about Chris," she chuckled, "I wonder how my brother got lucky enough to have you. Like, you!" 

"Ah? I'm the one who's the lucky one here," I laughed. 

Hannah clicked her tongue, a smile sitting on her lips, "Out of all the girls Chris has ever dated, and out of all the ones who ever wanted him, I see that you're a 10x upgrade of even the best out there." 

The two of us laughed, and the driver parked the car by the corner of the road, next to the store we were supposed to go in. Hannah wore her mask, and I put on my mask and bucket hat, exiting the car and heading straight for the gate. 

Upon entering, we removed our masks, seeing that the store was vacant of all customers. The tailor -- who knew that she was designing the wedding dress for Bang Chan's fiancee -- welcomed us, having kept our secret from the media to avoid attention and maintain privacy. She smiled upon seeing us, "Oh, welcome, Kaira and Hannah!" 

"Nice to see you again, Miss Kim," Hannah bowed before her, and I followed suit. 

"The dress is ready," Miss Kim spoke, and we followed her to the racks. Hanging from the rack, as I laid my eyes on it, was a breathtakingly gorgeous wedding gown, with intricately embroidered sleeves and the perfect flair waist-down -- perhaps better than how I had imagined it to be. There were embroidered flowers on the skirt, and if anything, they enhanced the beauty of the outfit. I gasped, walking forward to touch the fabric, and it was soft to the skin; the silky shine was as comfortable as it could have ever been. This dress was a dream. 

"Try it on, Kaira!" Hannah pursued, and I nodded, carefully taking the dress off the rack and walking into the trial room to put it on. 

And it was an easy task. As I walked out, putting on the veil as well, Miss Kim smiled pridefully, "This looks amazing on you!" 

 As I walked out, putting on the veil as well, Miss Kim smiled pridefully, "This looks amazing on you!" 

Hannah gaped at me, "Kaira! You're gonna be the prettiest bride ever!" 

I shyly accepted the compliments, pursing my lips to hide the wide smile. Hannah walked up to me, and smirking, she spoke, "Chris is definitely gonna drool at the altar, and I'm gonna record it to show it to your future kids." 

"Hannah!" I gasped, chuckling, "That's an exaggeration." 

"See it for yourself on the big day, then," she was still smirking. 

"Oh, my gosh..." I chuckled, feeling rather embarrassed. I had never pictured myself wearing a wedding gown -- at least not as beautiful as this one, for sure -- and now, looking at the mirror, I saw another me staring back at myself: someone mature, someone who was no longer just a girl. I saw a woman under the veil, and that woman was me. I felt self-righteous to be thinking that way, but I could not help my train of thought. 

"Would Chan actually like this?" I asked, feeling a tad uncertain, "I mean, he's never seen me wear something like this and-" 

"I don't know your fiancee personally," Miss Kim began, "But I am sure that he won't be able to take his eyes off you when you walk down the altar." 

My lips formed a smile; just a week more. 

(a/n: Guys, i know I wrote angst in the description, and I know that at some point in the story, you'll cry. But dw!! It's not here yet!! Enjoy the dreaminess of this story as of now :DD

How was this?? Finding this perfect dress took me a while, istg. there are so many pretty wedding gowns out there!! 

thanks for reading! i love you!)