episode 39: mr and mrs bang

"Congrats on the wedding!" the members of Stray Kids were all around Chan and I, congratulating us for the wedding. The paparazzi were snapping pictures rapidly, the sound of shutters going off heard loud and clear in the hall. We had changed into fancy yet more comfortable pieces of clothes, and my lilac-colored dress was soft on my skin, yet elegant. Chan had changed into yet another suit, but there was no necktie accompanying his outfit this time. 

"I still can't believe that one of us actually got married," Felix remarked, "I mean, knowing each other... sheesh." 

"Yah, Yongbok! You think we can't get married?" Changbin was quick to retaliate.

"Not now, I bet," Minho added. All of us laughed at his reply, and at Changbin's baffled expression. 

"But! It's valid that Chan got married first. He's the oldest, and he's mature," Jisung spoke. 

"You're only saying this because you're his first Stray Kids, aren't you?" Seungmin asked, politely. 

Chan gasped playfully, "Seungmin!" 

"It's actually because you're old." 

Chan sighed, and I laughed. Seungmin directed his attention to me, "Beware, Kaira! You married an old man."

"Well, I beg to differ," I jokingly spoke, and Hyunjin said, "Then you two are our sweet, old couple now." 

Jeongin questioned, "Guys, what are we talking about? Let's get to the point!" 

I looked at Chan as he took my hand in his, and he asked, "What's the point?" 

The seven men walked off the elevated platform -- that was outside the church -- and headed toward the stage that had been set at the side of the platform. My husband and I shared a glance, confounded, and that was when Jisung spoke on the mic, "Greetings to all the people here, and of course, my new favorite couple! As we all are gathered here today, celebrating the purest form of love between Mr and Mrs Bang here, the seven of us decided to present a little performance, especially for these two." 

Felix took up his mic and spoke, "This is a tiny snippet of a song that we wrote while the wedding preparations were going on, so hey, Chan, you don't know about it!" 

Chan chuckled at his words, his smile wide and proud. 

"We named it 'Adrenaline Rush,' and we hope you enjoy. Let's begin, shall we?" Changbin spoke, and sweet, mellow notes of piano followed his words. The beats slowly and steadily got introduced into the track, and Felix began in his deeper register, "Liquor of love, it tasted so right; I am dazed as I tread this path tonight; A fever of craze on my mind; She is the one for me, it's not a vision of the blind...~

One by one, they all rapped and vocalized their parts, and I found myself swaying along with the melodious rhythm of the song. As the bridge approached, Seungmin added the adlibs as everyone sang together, 

"Can you imagine falling in love? I found you, I found me, I found us; And as this night comes undone, under the moonlight; I'm never letting go of this sweet adrenaline rush~" 

The piano mellowed down, signaling that it was the end of the snippet they decided to present, everyone who was present, applauded thunderously. I looked at Chan, who had tears glimmering in his eyes, and my hand crawled up to his and entwined with his. He looked at me, and I smiled, "Proud tears?" 

"You read my mind," he grinned, blinking back his tears, "They've come so far." 

I rubbed his hand with my other hand, comforting him, and he sighed in ease. The boys looked at us, and we clapped again for them, with Chan cheering, "That was amazing!" 

Their faces lit up, and it was truly heartwarming to see them all so joyful. As they bowed and left the stage, we realized that it was time we departed for the airport to reach our honeymoon destination. I did not know where I would be taken, because Chan had kept it hidden from me until now. 

The path to the car was decorated with petals of red roses and white lilies sprinkled on the ground, and it felt rather criminal to walk on those; it looked absolutely breathtaking, and I felt too unworthy a being to step on such decor. However, when Chan held my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine, he urged, whispering to me with a sly smile, "Shall we, Mrs Bang?" 

A smile instantly spread on my face, "Yes, Mr Bang." 

We descended the two flights of steps, and the guests stood up to clap for us as we walked to the car. On this beautiful journey, among the other guests, I saw Hyeon-ju, Hee-yeol, and Miko clapping for me with huge, happy smiles -- with Miko even jumping on her spot. My parents were almost on the verge of crying, as my father had an arm wrapped around my mother's shoulder to keep her close, holding back their tears. Chan's parents were cheerfully clapping for us, and so were Lucas and Hannah -- she was winking and showing thumbs-up to us, making me chuckle. The seven men -- also known as Chan's fellow Stray Kids -- were hooting and applauding the loudest, wishing us the best. These people, I realized, were the ones who made my life worth living -- of course, with Chan, my husband, being the biggest cause. 

The two of us reached the car, and sitting in, we waved from the car, as these lovely people waved goodbye at us, too. 

(a/n: i'm sorry, that song was too noob level, i know. i haven't slept in three nights and it's 5:17 AM and i have no sense of what i'm doing. but i tried! :]

how was this?? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)