episode 26: yellow and pink

As the sun rose again, it was the day of Miko's debut. And mine, too, as a producer. The music video was released, people watched it and talked about it, and within a few hours, it was already past the mark of 700k views. Miko sat with me backstage, squealing and kicking her feet in the air as she read the comments under the music video. I was squealing, too, and we fangirled together over the amount of love she was receiving. 

"It's time for your debut stage, Miko," was announced, and she gave me the phone, regaining her composure through a series of deep breaths, and then, she told me, "Sis, I'm nervous." 

I looked at her, and considering myself her older sister, I told her what Eunji had told me when I was leaving my city for Seoul. 

"Eunji, I'm nervous," I had said, my fingers fidgeting, as the train to Seoul was about to leave. 

She had gently grinned, fixing my unevenly folded collar, and had spoken, "Whenever you're nervous, remember that your anxiety isn't real, and that messing up wouldn't be the end of the world. Life doesn't depend on only one opportunity. And knowing you, I'm sure you'll do great! I believe in you." 

And then she had hugged me, embracing my body tightly and fondly. 

Miko smiled at me, "Thank you, sis. I love you!" 

And as she walked off, I realized that I had spoken the same words to her, too. 

---

I stood behind the crowd of people watching Miko sing and dance to the song we created, and every tap of my foot denoted every beat I had produced. A man wearing a mask stood next to me, and unknowingly, I immediately recognized his scent -- warm spicy tobacco, with hints of cocoa and vanilla. I had hugged him enough to distinguish the fragrance of his perfume. 

I turned to him, still giddy about the kiss we had shared the previous night, whispering to him, "Hey!" 

Chan, wearing a baseball cap and a face mask, looked at me, and his glimmering eyes folded into crescents upon looking at me, "Are you liking this?" 

"Loving this," I spoke, turning to look at Miko again, "She's doing so well. I'm so proud of her." 

"And I'm proud of you, too, Stara," he solemnly spoke, making me look at him again, "You've done a spectacular job. This song wouldn't have been as good if you weren't there." 

I grinned, "Thank you, Channie." 

"Of course, baby." 

I averted my face to the stage, feeling myself weak at the knees at his nickname. I inconspicuously smiled shyly, my heart pacing faster as I could feel his gaze on me. I wanted to drop a smooth, slick comment, but as I turned to say it, I stopped, mesmerized. 

In the dark room, where only the stage was illuminated with colorful beams of light striking Miko and the audience, I saw him glitter under those faint strokes. His partially covered face glowed enthrallingly under the beams of yellow and pink, the lights taking turns to fall on his godly presence. His eyes, without any eye makeup, glistened with the transition of the colors as he stared at me, as yellow denoted happiness -- something I felt endlessly with him -- and then pink -- the one that signified compassion and warmth. Under the ever-changing patterns of light and dark, and colors and bleakness, and the audience and their absence, I could only see him. Him, and his bedazzling presence, and only him. 

The performance ended, and the lights turned on. Chan instantly hugged me quickly and dashed off, and I dazedly clapped for Miko, shaken to the core but in the best fashion possible. 

(a/n: imagine seeing chan under those lights. i almost cried. 

how was thissssss? :D 

thanks for reading! i love you!)