episode 34: the 'intel'

Within a couple of days, the two families had met, and I got the chance to meet Hannah and Lucas, Chan's siblings. Lucas was still quite young, but Hannah and I got along really well. Chan's mother and my mother were already bonding, and our fathers had found their topics of matching interests, drinking together and laughing already. 

The date of the wedding was being discussed, and for that, we needed to tell the company for the official public reveal. And that was when we realized that we had not informed Jinyoung about this. 

So Chan drove me to the agency, and the two of us entered the building, holding hands once we were inside. I was pretty certain that almost half the current trainees, who had been training for two years, knew about the rumors that Chan and I were together. Hyeon-ju, Hee-yeol, Miko, and the members of Stray Kids were the only ones who knew about it, along with their managers. I was not completely sure about Jinyoung knowing the depth of the situation, but then again, had he known about it, he would have confronted us. 

Boarding the elevator to his office, and in the compartment, Chan squeezed my hand, saying, "Don't be so nervous, baby. It'll be alright." 

"How... did you know I was nervous?" 

He goofily smiled, "I know you well, Stara. I have all the intel on you, hehe!~" 

"Intel?" I chuckled, "What are you, a spy?" 

"What if I am?" 

"For being a spy, you sure are a cute one." 

He had the biggest, cheekiest smile throughout the exchange, "I won't be all cute when it'll come down to action, you know?" 

I gasped, "Is that so, sir?" 

"'Sir' already? Wow," he laughed. 

"Wait, what are we talking about anymore-" 

The elevator's doors swiped open, and he stepped out first, turning around to hold my hand again. As he turned his head, grabbing me by my fingers, he winked, "We'll continue this later." 

I certainly did not need to get all flustered before meeting Jinyoung. 

As we stepped into his office, once he was informed by his assistant that we were here to meet him, he rose and smiled, "Oh, good afternoon." 

"Afternoon," both of us bowed at him. 

"Take a seat, please," he sat down before us across the oak table, "What can I help you with today?" 

Chan and I exchanged a look, and he began, "Um, sir, we had to inform you about something." 

"Go on." 

Chan looked at me before smiling and saying, "Kaira and I have decided to get married, sir." 

Jinyoung looked absolutely baffled for a moment, and I wondered whether he had no information about what the trainees talked about, or what went on inside the company. He stared at both of us, and soon, as we processed it, a smile spread on his face, "Congratulations! Both of you! I'm really happy to know this!" 

I released a breath I did not know I was holding, and grinned in relief, "Thank you, sir!" 

"So I'm guessing you would need me to help you release this information to the fans?" 

"Precisely," Chan nodded in satisfaction. 

"Kaira, could Chan and I have a moment alone, please?" Jinyoung asked me, and I blinked, immediately complying, "Oh, um, sure! I'll wait outside." 

I left the room, anxiety beginning to slowly rise in my gut. I was not a nosy person, but at that moment, I wanted to know what was so private that Jinyoung wanted to talk to Chan alone. As thoughts began to wander in unspecified directions, I breathed in and out, convincing myself that it must be something related to Stray Kids. 

About ten minutes later, Chan walked out of the chamber, and I questioned him, "Hey, love, is everything okay?" 

"Yeah, of course!" Chan smiled, placing his hand on the small of my back to lead me to the elevator, "We were just discussing about SKZ's schedules in accordance with the wedding. Don't worry, baby; everything's alright." 

"Okay... I believe you." 

The two of us drove home, and Chan spoke, "Jinyoung said that if we could marry at the earliest, it would be the best, because, as you know, Miko's comeback is soon, and we have a few variety shows to attend." 

"Yeah, Miko and I have been working relentlessly for the past month." 

"I understand that it's a hectic schedule for you, too, but you need to take enough rest, my love," Chan cast a glance at me, his eyes smiling, and I got comfortable on my seat. 

"You should take rest, too, Channie," I replied, "You work the hardest, and you never rest." 

"Huh? I'm always resting!" 

"Lies!" 

He chuckled, "Alright, then make a pact that we work moderately hard and not stress ourselves out. Deal?" 

"Deal." 

(a/n: jyp is sus here lol 

how was thissss? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)