episode 30: my star until the end of time

[a/n: DOUBLE UPDATE!! PLEASEEEE CHECK OUT CHAPTER 29 BEFORE THIS TO AVOID CONFUSION!!]

"I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river, to me you're everything that exists; the reality of everything."

- Virginia Woolf 

_____

"Hm," Chan hummed, still sitting by the Han River with me, "How was your day?" 

"My day?" I wondered aloud, "It was tiring. I helped Miko with her new track, and we were on it for several hours. Then, Hyeon-ju and Hee-yeol wanted some assistance with their tracks, so I worked with them. Although I got off work earlier than usual, I'm exhausted." 

"Aww," he cooed, rubbing my back, "You've done well today. I'm proud of you, baby." 

My face immediately lit up, and I asked, "How was yours, love?" 

"I took half the day off because Jisung and Changbin told me that they would handle the rest of the work by themselves. It was kinda irresponsible for me to leave it to them, but then I'm working on something else, and I needed to get refreshed to do it well." 

"What else are you working on?" I asked, curiously looking at him. 

He smirked, "You'll know very, very soon, and you'll love it." 

"Honestly, I love everything you do, so I'm even more intrigued to know more about it," I admitted, grinning but impatient. 

"Patience, my love," Chan teased, "All with good time." 

"You're not helping with my growing impatience, you know that?" I whined, and he chuckled. 

"Patience is the key~" 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Is it a new world tour?"

"Nope." 

"Hm... a new album?" 

"Nah." 

"Then, how about... a new photoshoot? Like that Nylon one you did a year ago!" 

"Nah, hahaha!" 

I pouted, thinking hard, "What else could it be?" 

Something flashed in his eyes; it was a brief flicker of thought, I assumed; because he pursed his lips, his eyes wandering around, and his breathing speeding up steadily. I could hear his breaths, see his chest rising and sinking at a faster pace, and a coat of anxiety shadowing his aura. 

"Did I say something wrong?" I questioned, genuinely concerned. 

"You know what? I shouldn't delay it so much," Chan spoke, deep in thought. 

"Delay what? Wait, are we hinting at a collab?" I widened my eyes, and his troubled look was overcome with a chuckle. 

"So adorable," he breathed out, and then stood up. I stood up with him, too, dusting the dirt off my bottom. 

I waited for him to make some movement, eagerly staring at him, trying to decode his thoughts through his moves. And when he did, I gasped. 

Because Chan went down on one knee, one of his hands asking for mine. I shakily extended my hand, and seeing that he was as nervous and giddy about it as I was, I oddly comforted. This was new to both of us, and knowing what was coming forth, my breaths came uneven. 

"This is a very cliche way of doing it, I know," he chuckled, shaking his head, "But I figured that both of us old souls would like it, so here I go, miss." 

I giggled, my hand still trembling in his, and he grasped onto it tighter, continuing, "I have always admired love stories, and those legends of love often described this feeling to be enchanting, almost unreal. I always hoped to have that fanciful kind of love, but when I met you, got to know you, I realized that it was here. That dreamy love story I wished to have was standing before me, a hundred percent real, not something out of my delusions. I... I realized that you weren't a want, you were a need. You still are, and you shall forever be." 

My eyes teared up as he went on, his eyes penetrating into my soul and finding the softest parts of me. He continued, "I wish to do so much more with you. I wish to have you all to myself; my star, that you are, to be with me forever. I wish to grow old with you, and hold this hand of yours," he squeezed my hand, "Even when both of ours are wrinkly and frail. I wish to spend the rest of my life with you. I wish to make you Bang Kaira." 

Chan left my hand to draw a little blue box from his pocket, and then he opened it, revealing a sparkling diamond ring that glittered under the approaching moonlight. He held it before me, his eyes watery and earnest, as he asked, "Will you be my star until the end of time? Will you marry me, Lee Kaira?" 

I covered my mouth with my hands, suddenly realizing that my face was all wet with tears. Trembling, I smiled the widest I had ever, and I sat on my knees before him, leveling to his face, and cupped his face to kiss him on his lips. This kiss -- overflowing with immense emotions -- was soft and tranquil, each second of it laced with everlasting love. 

As we parted, we sat before the rising moon, covering the sky with stars twinkling solely for us tonight; and I joyously nodded, 

"Yes, Bang Chan!" 

(a/n: AND SO IT HAPPENEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! (look at me being so happy as if he proposed to me) 

HOW WAS THISSSSSS? :DDD

Also, I have, like, a superb idea: after this story ends with Kaira's POV, I am going to write their entire love story from Chan's POV. How does that sound? :)))

thanks for reading! i love you!)