episode 27: how precious

Those long walks after midnight became a necessity for Chan and me. 

With both of our schedules packed and necessary, we barely found time to interact during the day. Once in a while, he would visit my studio, or I would visit his, but what remained intact was the fact that we both never missed a night to spend walking together, hand-in-hand. 

Were we together? I could not place a finger on that. We had not asked each other out yet, but considering the amount of affection we showed each other, with the hand-holding and furtive kissing here and there, we were pretty much together. And I could barely believe it. 

Bang Chan was someone I had desired for years, and now that we were almost a couple, I... felt short of words. Nothing made me more baffled than the realization that I could hold his hand if I wanted to; kiss him if I wanted to. 

And tonight, as we walked on the bridge hand-in-hand, I spoke, "You know, Chan, I... I still can't believe that we have gotten so close." 

"Hm? Why so?" 

"Okay, this might sound odd and creepy, but..." I chuckled nervously, "I... I have loved you for a while. And it started years before we even met. Having you near me, now," I lifted his hand, caressing it, "With your hand in mind and your affection so evident, I..." 

Chan urged me to speak further, peeking at me. 

"I..." I continued, "Have been lovelorn. All for you. And these moments with you are what I want to steal away from the universe," I smiled, "These are ours." 

"I had no idea about that..." Chan thoughtfully spoke, "But I'm glad we crossed paths. What would I have been without you?" 

"Mhm! What would I do without you, Chan?" I nodded eagerly. 

"Heh, we talk as if we've been married for years," he chuckled, "Though I wouldn't mind that scenario." 

I widened my eyes at him, and he laughed; as always, he loved to flirt and tease me. It was the purest form of him; the most basic criterion of remaining 'Bang Chan' for him. 

"It's getting cold," he said, blowing into the mist and eliciting a puff of warm air into the atmosphere, "Don't you feel cold?" 

"Well, you're very warm, and that's all the warmth I need," I cheekily smiled, and he nodded in approval, saying, "Hmm, you're learning, I see." 

"Learning from the best." 

"Hahahaha," he laughed, "I wouldn't call myself that, but yes, you're a quick learner." 

"Oh, accept the compliment, you beautiful, young man!" I urged him, "You're the very best out there and you can't argue with that." 

"A very aggressive compliment, I see," Chan hummed, "I beg to differ." 

"I won't let you," it was the first time I was acting bold with someone, and it was thrilling in a sense. I was not someone to urge another into my opinion so much, but what I was sharing with him was not just an opinion -- it was a fact. 

Chan grinned at me, "You wouldn't back down, now, would you?" 

"If it comes to make you realize just how precious you are, then never," I left his hand, and we halted. 

"I'm not as precious as you, Stara." 

"Let me help you realize how precious you are," I gulped down my anxiety, and then my hands traveled up to his face to cup his cheeks. His eyes widened, and his eyebrows raised, and I began, "Bang Christopher Chan, you don't even realize how precious you are to me, to millions. You remain humble, I agree, but don't disregard yourself like this. Every time you do, I feel disregarded, because just like you said once, we carry pieces of each other in us now, don't we? You are beautiful, here," I kissed him on his cheek, "And here," I kissed him on the right one, "And here," I raised myself on my toes to kiss his forehead, "And here," I kissed him on his nose, "And here, too," I left a chaste kiss on his lips, "And everywhere I can't kiss right now. And as long as I live, I'll remind you of this fact. I... I love you, Chan." 

His eyes softened, and he melted in my two hands, "Stara..." 

"Yes?" 

"I know that you might think this is a spur-of-the-moment thing, but I need to ask this..." 

He detached my hands from his face and took them in his, squeezing them gently, 

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" 

(a/n: WHAAAAAAAAAAT OMG 

you're going to see some changes in the story from here onward, and don't worry! i'm not gonna disappoint you (i hope)!! :D 

how was thisssss? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)