Chapter 6. Bell Test (Part 2) [Edited]

Edited May 8th 2016

**********

Yuzuki POV

I sailed threw the air; Kakashi threw his arms up to protect himself as I threw five kunai in his direction. I landed on the ground in a crouch position.

Smirking, I performed hand signs at random to distract him. He was unprepared when I threw smoke bombs at the ground. I hid under the cover of the smoke screen, disguising my chakra.

Sasuke was lying on his stomach next to me, I nodded to him and he lifted himself off the ground with a large exhale of breath. He disappeared into the smoke, all the while gagging, and I flared my nostrils at the horrid aroma of the smoke bomb. It was the wrong bombs that I had thrown.

Why did I have to keep the stink bombs in the same place as the other bombs? Why did I even have different types of bombs?

Coughing and spluttering, I bounded through the gaseous smoke and barely even saw it coming. I ducked and rolled; the kunai was aiming straight for my eye.

I balanced myself as my feet were finally under me. But veered left when another kunai came sailing toward me. Where were they coming from. Whipping out a kunai, I blocked the next that was headed straight for my throat.

I bounded through the smoke, tears burning my eyes as the gas stung my eyes. My eyes clamped shut, and I let my feet carry me to where Sasuke and Kakashi were.

The smoke was gone where the foght was taking place. Sasuke was sending punch after kick after punch toward our Sensei. When Kakashi hadn't noticed me and he was busy with blocking a kunai from slicing open his cheek, I advanced.

Performing several hand signs in rapid succession, I activated my chakra. I could feel it burning through my veins. My arm erupted in flames, my skin was slowly burning.

But there was no pain. When I drew close to the fight, I swing my arm at Kakashi, at the last second he jumped away; the flames grazed the left half of his body.

The flames died out, leaving behind blackened skin. But it slowly vanished. Leaving healthy pale flesh.

Kakashi was ten feet away, nursing his burns. "What was that?" He asked between labored breaths. "Just a little something I created." I smirked, "Now to get those bells..." My hand flew to the hilt of my Katana, the rubbery grip worn from use. Even though it was new.

I charged at him, my blade in front of me. When I drew near he jumped up in a battle position and he ducked and blocked most of my attacks. But when he thought I was aiming for him, I swung the blade down where the bells were as Naruto jumped on his back. And Sakura pressed a kunai to his throat. The blade cut cleanly through the strings and I caught the bells before they hit the ground.

"You fought hard. But you were not prepared for the plan we had made before you got to the training grounds this morning." I dangled the bells in front of his face tauntingly.

He narrowed his eyes briefly before he sighed happily. "That was an amazing show of teamwork, you guys."

There was a short pause before he added on, "But how did you know that your opponent was going to be me?" I shrugged.

"We didn't. I didn't. We made several plans, actually. Each one fit every scenario that we could come up with. But thanks to me, I convinced them that we should follow one plan. Because you said it was a survival exercise, I assumed that it was going to be against you. So we use the first plan we had made. Modified it. Then we launched it. You just didn't think that we would come up with a plan before you got here. That is what made the plan such a success."

I could see him smile through his mask. "You guys did a brilliant job today. You all pass." We all did one big high five and whooped for our victory. We were going to be Konoha Shinobi.

After the others left, I stayed behind with Kakashi who stood at a rock with words inscribed into the stone.

"What are you looking at?" I asked curiously, my hands folded behind my back.

"This is where all my closest friends are. They're all on this stone." He said glumly.

"What do you mean?"

"This is the K.I.A. Stone. Killed in action. My friends names are all on this stone."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked concerned. I could see it pained him to be talking about this.

"Because I want you to know something."

"What is it?"

"Cherish your teammates. Protect each other. Don't let them go. Do whatever you have to, to keep them safe, keep each other safe. You don't want to end up like my team. Don't end up like my team. I don't want you to go through what I did."

"What- wh-."

"Just promise me." He said.

"I- I promise."

He nodded, "Good."

He knelt down in front of the stone. His fingers grazed three names repeatedly.

Obito Uchiha.

Rin Nohara.

Minato Namikaze.

"Let's go." I followed after him, my eyes trailing to the stone behind me.

I would not let my teammates end up there. No matter what.

I knew that much.

At least, I thought I did.