Chapter 43. Defection

Only 6 chapters left!

This chapter is sort of edited. Still expect typos.

Hope you like the chapter!

New A/N: I unpublished and made some edits and additions to the pace of the chapter. When I wrote it, all the thoughts were spilling out of me and I was typing reaallllyyy fast. So I added stuff and edited stuff. Especially at the end.

Also, due to Hurricane Irma, I may or may not publish again for awhile. It depends on if the power goes out and for how long. If it stays on the track it's on then power will be out for weeks.

Chapter 43. Defection

Yuzuki followed the aroma that smelled of iron, and found Chōji. She also found the body of a man who possessed the curse mark, and she wondered if there were more of them. Maybe Sasuke didn't leave alone. The Hatake pulled out a kunai as the body twitched, but then relaxed as she checked his pulse-- he was dead.

"Did you defeat by yourself?" She murmured to herself as she knelt down next to the Akimichi, performing hand seals. A green glow engulfed her hands and she placed them over the boy's chest, giving him a boost of chakra  and healing his heart. It seemed to have been weakened by whatever jutsu he had used in the battle. His eyelids began to twitch and his face scrunched up in pain, his nose wrinkling. At that moment, she realized he may have been the kindest out of the Konoha Twelve, but he was also the fiercest.

"Hang in there, Chōji, I know that help is on the way," she brushed his hair from his eyes, then knocked him out to make sure he wouldn't wake up and experience any pain. It was best that way.

As she followed her friends' scent, iron filled her lungs and she halted. "Why is it that it's always these guys that get injured?" She mumbled, following the scent of a certain Hyūga. When she found his body, her eyes widened at the state he was in. It was even worse than Chōji's. An arrow-like object was embedded in his back and he was lying face first in the grass. Her heart pounded as pure terror coursed through her.

"Neji?" She pulled the object out, tossing it to the side as she turned him over. His headband lay a few feet away, so she picked it up off the ground and set it in his hand. "Neji," she tapped his cheek and he gave no response, so she checked for a pulse. It was so faint.

"Alright, you gotta stay with me Neji," she pleaded, readying her hands for a healing jutsu. Her hands began to glow green and she placed one over his wound and the other over his forehead. She couldn't do much. What she could do, was stop the bleeding and at least give him a better chance at staying alive.

"You always have to put yourself in harms way," she shook her head. "Guess it comes with the job."

His nose scrunched up as his skin grew slightly paler, and she channeled for chakra into her hands to enhance the process of healing. It took half an hour to get him in the condition to where she could go after the others. "Don't die," she whispered, laying a hand over his open palm. When she moved to get up, his hand tightened around hers and she stopped, staring at their interlocked hands. "I'm sorry, but I have to go," Yuzuki pulled away, and his hand grabbed at the air for her but she was out of reach. Strange, she thought.

She wanted to stay and heal him, but there wasn't much she could do. It wasn't like that time where she brought him from that jutsu.

With one last glance at the boy laying on the ground, she turned on her heels and sprinted away. She passed through the forest, on top of tree limbs, and leapt over a large crevice in the earth. Kiba's scent led down there, but she could sense his chakra. He was still fighting. So she hoped he would be alright, and kept going. Then she stumbled upon Shikamaru, who stood barely injured, only a broken finger. With Temari standing beside him, leaning on her fan.