Chapter 36. Frustrations

Meh meh.

A/N: this chapter is not edited, so please excuse any typos.

Chapter 36. Frustrations

Gaara decided that if no one could touch Neji, his sand could. Thankfully, it worked and they had him lifted up off the ground and were on their way to the 'new village'.

"If she had been reanimated then the only person who could possibly have been behind this is Orochimaru." Shikamaru queried, glancing at the Hatake walking next to him. She nodded, her eyes darker than usual. "Why would Orochimaru be behind this? Is the question."

"He wants to obtain the last Teruo, he's obsessed with my clan and their power." Her hands balled into fists, shaking slightly.

"We have to get Neji back to everyone and inform them of what happened, this information could be crucial," the Nara placed his hands in his pockets while Yuzuki pulled a book from her backpack.

"I'll look through this book and see if there is anything that I could do to reverse it, until then... DON'T TOUCH HIM!" The girl exclaimed as Kankuro went to poke the boy in the side, the puppet user yanked his hand back as she brought a kunai down towards him.

"S-sorry." He sweatdropped, dropping back to walk next to Gaara. "She's scary," he mumbled to his little brother and the red-headed boy shrugged.

"She said don't touch him before, I don't know why you don't ever listen." His words seemed to slap Kankuro in the face and the boy hunched his back, sulking.

The girl flipped through the browned pages, they were stiff and fragile due to years of going through the weather and laying in the sun. It was a quiet walk back to the hotel and they were relieved when they finally made it. "Neji!" The Hyuga girl ran to his side, her hand covering her mouth as she saw the state he was in.

"W-what happened?!" Hinata reached for his hand when the Hatake grabbed her wrist.

"I'm sorry, but you can't touch him- no one can touch him!" She spoke the second part to everyone in the room when she heard a groaning behind her and whipped around to find her blonde teammate doing exactly what she told them not to.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT?!" She balled her hand into a fist and brought it down on the boy's head, pounding him into the floor. The boy had tears falling from his eyes as he crouched on the floor, rubbing the lump forming on his head.

"What happened while you were out there?" Kakashi asked, putting the book he held in his hand away.

"We ran into an unexpected enemy." Shikamaru spoke, waiting for his fellow mission leader to explain the events of that day.

"It turns out, this village is a Genjutsu, a powerful one at that. And it can only be cast by a member of the Teruo Clan." She spoke gripping the book in her arms to keep her anger at bay.

"But they're all dead aside from you!" Kurenai interjected and the young Hatake nodded. "Yes, they are. But, that doesn't mean someone brought back from the reanimation jutsu can't cast it."

"The only person who can use the reanimation jutsu is Orochimaru, the Legendary Sanin." Asuma said, lighting a cigarette.