Chapter 19. Protect

I lied, it came sooner.
Hope YOU LIKE IT

Yuzuki POV

I stumbled through the forest, blood dripping from the wound Kabuto inflicted on me. And an ache in my head.

I reached my hand up and around to the back of my head, it felt wet, and warm. It was a pretty hard hit to my skull; it must have been cracked.

Wincing, I took another step, the muscles in my body stiff from the lack of blood flow. My breathing was heavy and labored; my skin clammy.

Sensing a familiar chakra, I went to go find the person who it belonged to. I needed to get back to my team. I needed to find Sasuke and Naruto. They were the most injured in the battle. Because after I fell, I saw Naruto go for the snake man. Sakura would take care of them, right? What of Orochimaru got to them? What if they're dead? I shook my head to get the thoughts out of my head. Instead of focusing on what could have happened to them, I needed to focus on getting to them. He will help me, right?

I tripped over a tree root and face planted into the dirt. It filled my mouth, making me cough it out. Along with blood. This can't be happening, I can't be dying.

The scuffling of footsteps could be heard, I tilted my head up slightly to see the dark-haired boy coming towards me. His Byakugan activated.

Rolling over onto my back, I groaned, covering my wound to try and stop the bleeding. "You're hurt." The boy stated. I rolled my eyes painfully, "No, I'm definitely not bleeding out." He knelt down beside me, taking my hand off the wound, "You need medical attention. But all I can do for you now is clean and bandage the wound." He began to pull out gauze, but I put my hand over his.

"I need to get to my team." I coughed out. Blood trickled out of the corner of my mouth. "You can't help your team while you're injured. You're useless as you are." As much as the words stung, I knew it was true. But, I was also useless when I wasn't injured. I let that Orochimaru put the wretched curse mark on him. I let him put that seal on Naruto. Now Sakura was all alone.

Without any protest, I let him roll up my shorts and clean the wound.

He then began to bandage my wound, lifting my leg to where it stood by itself so he wrap around it. By the time he was done, blood was already soaking through the white fabric, permanently staining it red. "I'm out of bandages." He mumbled, the corners of his mouth turning downwards slightly.

"There's no time for that. Just take... Me to my team." I groaned, grabbing onto his shoulder and squeezing it when he helped me up. He began to pull my arm over his shoulder when I grimaced and sucked in a breath. "I have several broken and fractured ribs." I rasped as he let my arm go and lifted me up into his arms.

"What happened?" He asked, keeping my head from lolling around. "We were attacked by a man. He was after Sasuke. But I have to make sure that he didn't try and go back to finish the job and kill my teammates. But I'm not sure what his true objective is." I winced when I took a deep breath, my torso stretching the slightest.

"What are you doing away from TenTen and Lee?" I asked, holding my hand over my wound when I started to feel a burning sensation. "Lee left to go find that pink haired girl. TenTen followed him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid."

"At least you guys aren't being threatened by a snake man." I grumbled, squeezing his shoulder as a wave of nausea hit me. "You're dying."