Chapter 16. Birthday (Part 2) [Edited]

Still THIRD POV

Not trying to let him get glimpse at her rage at the mention of her birthday, she said, "Um, thanks... I guess."

How did he even remember my Birthday? Sh thought to herself, sitting up in the bed and resting her back against the wall it was pushed against.

"C'mon, be happier, it's the day you were born!" Oblivious to his daughter's rage, he sat down on the bed next to her, a box in his hand.

"What's that?" Yuzuki asked, scooting to the edge of the bed. She wanted to get away before she exploded on him and said anything she would regret.

"It's a present." He scratched the back of his head.

A present after all these years of leaving me alone, with no one. After all these years of pain.

Yuzuki shook her head of the thought, she knew it wasn't his fault for leaving. But she had felt resentment, which gave her a twinge of guilt. She couldn't explode on him.

Not after he was trying so hard to be there for her.

Taking the box into her hand, she opened the box, and there at the bottom was a sword in it's sheath.

"What is this?" She asked curiously, forgetting her rage for the time being.

"It's a family heirloom, it's the White Light Chakra Sabre." The Hatake unsheathed the sword, it was small, but she could tell it would do a lot of damage.

"It was destroyed during the Third Shinobi World War, but I got repaired, for you." The silver headed ninja was at a loss for words. She didn't know whether to slap him or hug him.

She did neither. "Thank you." Was all she could say. "Alrighty, I'll leave you to it. Oh, and you're participating in the Chunin exams." Kakashi smiled at her and left with the door closed behind him.

"That's a pretty nice sword." Otaru said peering into the box.

"I have to go." Yuzuki took off, leaving the sword on her bedside table and a frowning Otaru on her bed.

The Hatake let her rage control her legs. She didn't know where she was going, but she didn't care. When she found herself in a clearing she rammed her fist into the trunk of the tree closest to her, the bark splintering, the impact causing her knuckles to be covered in a crimson colored liquid.

Gritting her teeth, she performed several hand signs, "Katon: Gokakyu no Jutsu." A blazing ball of fire erupted from between her lips, lighting up the clearing and burning her skin along with the tree in front of her.

When she didn't come back later on that night, Otaru decided to go get someone to bring her back.

~

The girl didn't know how long she'd lain in this spot for. Bruises and cuts dotted her porcelain skin, adding to the aching pain she felt in her body. She'd used up all of her chakra in her rage last night. But at least all her rage was gone, yet there was still an empty feeling in her heart.

Her arms were spread out on the ground, her hair fanning around her head like a lion's mane. "What are you doing, Idiot?" She immediately recognized who the voice belonged to, opening her eyes to see a glimpse of his flawless features.