Chapter 27. Final Rounds [Edited 7/2/19]

Hope you like it!

YUZUKI'S POV

Naruto charged at Neji, both of them building up their chakra. There was a bright light and an explosion, then nothing. When the dust settled, Naruto was seemingly unconscious on the ground. The lilac eyed boy stepped up to edge of the small crater, muttering something under his breath.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the blonde came out of the ground, his fist connecting with Neji's chin, sending him flying back.

Naruto won.

My hands immediately clapped together rapidly. Even though I didn't want to fight him, I was happy he won. Soon, everyone in the arena was clapping, the villagers throwing out whistles and whoops here and there.

Neji was carried off the field, leaving Naruto and the proctor Genma alone. Then my name was called and I panicked. "Dammit, Naruto! Why couldn't you just lose?" I mumble, leaning over the railing.

"I FORFEIT!"

Villagers booed and Naruto frowned before disappearing up the stairs. "Why did you do that?!" He seemed to be scolding me, emerging from the flight of stairs.

"I didn't want to fight my own teammate." I stated, waving goodbye as I hopped down the stairs two at a time. Before long, I was standing at the Hyuga's private infirmary room.

Not bothering to knock, I cantered through the doorway, seeing Neji sitting on his cot, a most unusual emotion for him in his eyes.

"Don't tell me your a sore loser!" I teased, hopping up onto the cot next to him. I peered over his shoulder at the paper in his hand, it seemed to be about his father. His father was killed?

Finally, I realized I was contravening his home life, and decided to leave him alone for the time being. A few minutes passed and he finally closed the scroll and glanced over at me.

"I assume you read what was on the paper?"

"Only some of it." I didn't want to lie to him.

"Now I know that it was of his own will, and that I can create my own destiny." The corners of his mouth twitched a little bit, making me smile. "You almost smiled!"

"No I didn't."

"I'm pretty sure you almost smiled. I can see it in your eyes."

"Was your father's death the reason why you seemed like such a dark person?" I changed the subject.

"Yes, he died when I was young, around five."

"Huh, that's around the time my mom was murdered." I whispered, gazing up at the ceiling then turning my head toward the boy.

"I see, so we do have something in common."

Too bad it's something so unfortunate.

"Aren't you supposed to be fighting Naruto right about now?" He questioned, leaning back into the wall whilst crossing his legs.

"Yep, but I forfeited. I didn't want to fight my teammate." He nodded, staring up at the ceiling.

There was silence until I broke it. "How do you feel about losing to Naruto?"