Chapter 9. Land of Waves [Edited]

Edited 27/10/16

It had only been about an hour into the Journey to the Land of Waves when we passed by a puddle of water on the side of the road. It had not rained in a week. I glanced over at Kakashi who was eyeing the puddle as we walked passed.

The man nodded at me and I turned my head back to see my team and Tazuna walking ahead of us in silence. A few more steps and I felt a surge of chakra behind me and the clinking of chains. My eyes widened in surprise and I turned around only to see Kakashi wrapped in chains.

The enemy Ninja binding him delivered a chilling grin and laughed as they pulled harder on the chains, and my father's body was no longer recognizable. "Kakashi- sensei!" I heard Naruto and Sakura's screams.

The ninja launched into action, rushing past me and towards my team, more specifically Naruto. I body flickered in between the ninja and Naruto, activating my chakra and performing several hand signs "Wind Style: Wind Wall!" Chakra surged through my body, summoning a large burst of wind and expanding to protect Naruto.

The enemy Ninja flew back and skidded across the ground. I turned around to find Naruto frozen in fear, his body rigid and his eyes blank. "Naruto." I could feel the enemy Ninja rising back up off the ground. "Naruto!" I shouted, he only blinked. "NARUTO, SNAP OUT OF IT!" I shouted, slapping him across the face, making him fall back on his behind.

He shook his head and glared at me, "Hey! What was that for?" He whined, pointing his index finger at me. He's back. I smirked, but then a presence appeared behind me and I whirled around to see one of the Mist Ninja in front of me, swinging a claw at my cheek. There was a small cracking sound and I flew back, blood oozing from the wound. "Yuzuki!" Naruto gasped.

Rolling on the ground, I pushed my arms out to push myself off the ground and wiped the blood off my cheek. The Mist Ninja closed in on Naruto as I sprinted to them. "Don't you dare touch him." I gritted my teeth and jumped in the air, doing a flip and landing in between them.

The Mist Ninja was at the perfect level, I sent chakra running to my leg, swinging back, I kicked as hard as I could and an even louder crack sounded through the air.

I watched the Ninja intently, almost daring him to get back up, there wasn't even the smallest twitch of a muscle. Turning around, I saw Sakura guarding Tazuna, her legs shaking. And Sasuke was holding his own against the Mist Ninja, so I ran in to help against the Ninja. Kakashi's words echoed in my mind, Cherish your teammates... Do whatever you have to, to keep them safe. Sasuke was almost struck by one of the Ninja's claws. Without thinking, I pulled a Kunai out of my weapons holster and jumped in between them. The sound of metal clashing against metal sounded through the air, sparks flew in front of my face. "Go help Sakura, I'll handle this." I said through clenched teeth as I pushed the Ninja back.

"I can do this myself", Sasuke growled, kicking the Mist Ninja in the stomach and jumping back in a flip. "It seemed like you were having some trouble." I tossed three shuriken and, while the Ninja was distracted, flipped in the air and kicked him the face.

Sasuke was about to say something, but then Kakashi appeared out of no where, grabbing the ninja by the neck. He ceased his movements immediately.

I walked over to where Sasuke was panting heavily and decided to comment on his work considering he was the only one who even did anything even though I tried to stop him from fighting. Or at least try to comment on his work, I was never good at these things. "I like the way you fight, you're almost at my level." I said. Well it was almost a comment. I thought.

"I'm past your level." He said cockily, making me smirk.

"I'm sure you are." I replied sarcastically.