Alice's Note

Layla's POV:

I was still with Seth when my cell phone started to ring. Seth was still asleep, so I quickly answered my cell phone so it wouldn't wake him up. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Bella. I answered the car. I put it up to my chest, as I got out of the bed and went over to the window.

I put it up to my ear and said, "Hello."

"Layla, I found a note that Alice left me last night." she began. "I need you to come with me to Seattle, so I can meet a man there."

I looked back at Seth, who was still asleep. We were up pretty late last night, so I figured he would be pretty tired today.

"Okay Bella, where should I meet you?"

When the call between Bella and I ended, I hung up my phone and put it back in my pocket. I pulled out a piece of paper, from Seth's desk. I needed to leave right away, but I wanted to let Seth know where I would be. I grabbed and pen from his desk drawer and left a message for him on the piece of paper.

Went to Seattle with Bella. Be back soon.
Love, Layla

I set the note on his nightstand, so he would be able to see it. Then, I went back out of the window, hopping down to the ground. I sprinted off into the forest so that I could meet Bella at the house within minutes. When I arrived, I saw Renesmee, Jacob, and Bella getting ready to get into the car.

"Auntie Layla!" Renesmee called, as she ran over to me.

I picked her up in my arms and spun her around.

"Oh my gosh, Renesmee. You are getting so big and beautiful, like your mother." I complimented.

Renesmee smiled as her cheeks became red. I walked back to the car with her still in my arms. I opened the right side door, to the backseat. I put Renesmee down, as she got into the car. I made sure she had her seat belt on before I shut the car door.

Bella stopped me and said, "We are going to stop at Charlie's first."

I nodded my head. Then, I walked around the car to the other side, where I sat in the remaining back seat with Renesmee. While Bella drove the car and Jacob was in the passenger seat. I kept Renesmee entertained during the car ride until we made it to her grandpa's house. Renesmee ran out of the car and went over to Charlie. Jacob got out and followed behind her.

I got out of the car and took Jacob's place, in the passenger seat. Bella told her father that she would be back after she ran a few errands. She drove toward Seattle, I asked, "So what is this all about?"

"Alice and Jasper left me a note with a man's name on it. I called him and he has agreed to meet me at a restaurant." Bella explained. "They left something with him, for me."

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know, but it must be important if Alice went through all of this trouble."

When we arrived in Seattle, Bella went in alone to meet the man. Minutes went by before she came back out with a yellow envelope in her hand.

"What did he say?" I asked.

Bella wasn't happy by the look on her face. She handed me the envelope, which I opened. I pulled out a passport for Renesmee and Jacob. I knew exactly what this meant. Alice had a vision and by the looks of things, it wasn't very hopeful.

"Oh Bella, I am so sorry."

I pulled Bella in for a hug. I knew she must be pretty upset about this news. I was too. Knowing that Renesmee would have to leave and never come back was frightening. Bella and I feared that we would never see her again.

"What do I do?" Bella asked.

"What you can do, Bella. And that is preparing your daughter for her future."