Our Wedding

Layla's POV: 

I was standing inside, dressed in my wedding dress with my hair done in a fancy style, as I tried to collect myself before walking down the aisle. I found myself pacing the floor, back and forth. I was so nervous that I started to shake a little bit. I don't know what is wrong with me. What is happening to me?

 What is happening to me?

"Layla, is everything alright?" Carlisle asked as he walked toward me

I stopped pacing the floor.

"I don't know the answer to that question. I feel like I have just smelt blood and therefore, have lost control of myself. I feel as if I have done something wrong and my conscience is getting to me." I explained. "Carlisle, what is wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you." Carlisle chuckled.

"Then what is it?"

"You are simply nervous. It is normal for people to be nervous before their wedding day. I bet if you asked Esmee, she could tell you the same thing."

I laughed. Carlisle started to distract me so that my nerves would calm. It ended up working. I found myself calm. As if everything around me had stopped and I had peace.

"Carlisle, will you walk me down the aisle?" I asked.

Carlisle was wide-eyed.

"Of course I will," he answered.

I put my hand on Carlisle's arm. He gently put his hand on mine and squeezed it, to lighten the mood. We walked out of the building and headed toward the area where the ceremony would take place.

I looked down the aisle and saw Seth, dressed in a button-down shirt, black pants, and tie. He looked so handsome. As Carlisle walked me down the aisle, I couldn't help but too just look at Seth. As I looked at him, I didn't see the people around me. It was like we were the only two people in the world.

When I reached the end of the aisle, the priest asked, "And who gives this bride to the groom?"

"I do, her father," Carlisle said.

Carlisle took my hand and gave it to Seth. Seth held my hand tight and couldn't stop looking at me and I couldn't stop looking at him. I couldn't believe this moment was finally here. I only wished that my brother and father could be here to share it with me. Then, the ceremony began.

***

"Do you, Seth Clearwater, take Layla Bodolf-Cullen to be your lawfully wedded wife until death do you part?" the priest asked.

"I do." Said Seth, immediately after the question was asked.

"And do you, Layla Bodolf-Cullen, take Seth Clearwater, to be your lawfully wedded husband until death do you part?"

I looked up at Seth with a smile, as I said, "I do."

Seth and I were busy staring into each other's eyes.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Seth Clearwater." announced the priest. "You may now kiss the bride."

Seth put his hand on the back of my neck, as he pulled me in for a kiss. All of our guests stood up from their chairs and clapped. I pulled away fro Seth before anything else occurred. Then, he took my hand as we both walked back down the aisle together.

While everything was getting set up for the wedding reception, Seth and I were together in a private room. I was simply taking off my veil and freshening up a bit before the reception. Before it was time to go back out for the reception, I felt Seth's arms wrap around my waist.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Forgive me but I can't control myself around my beautiful wife, especially when she is in a beautiful outfit." he complimented, as he began to kiss my cheek and make his way down to my neck. "I just can't wait until our honeymoon."

I turned around to look up at Seth. I removed his hands from my waist.

"You have to wait until we get there. Besides, it is time for our wedding reception." I said, as I took Seth by the hand and led him outside.

Lights were hung from the trees, and under those trees, were tables set with silver wear, plates, and glasses for our guests. It was everything I wanted at my wedding and much more.