A Parent's Goodbye

Seth's POV:

I woke very early in the morning. Way before the sun had even begun to rise. I wasn't happy that we have to send the twins away. It broke my heart so much. First, it was Layla, now it's Landon and Charlize. This has got to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I walked out of the room and headed to the family room, where I saw Layla sitting on the couch. I slowly walked into the room and stopped across from her. I looked around the room, trying to hold myself together.

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"Carlisle and Esmee are buying a suitable car. Rosaline, Alice, Emmett, and Jasper went to pick up more clothes. And Jacob, Edward, Bella, and Esmee are picking up some essentials." Layla answered.

I walked over to Layla and took a seat next to her on the couch. We both were silent.

"I can't bear this!" I cried. "I don't want them to go! They aren't even that old yet!"

Layla put her arms around me for comfort, while she rested her head on my left shoulder. Both of us were fighting our emotions. I began crying even more while Layla had sorrow all over her face since she couldn't cry.

"This is all my fault!" Layla exclaimed. "None of this would have happened if I just left and never stuck around."

I peered over my shoulder and squeezed her hand tight.

"No, don't say that! If you didn't stick around then I wouldn't have got married or have a family."

Layla gave me a soft kiss on the lips. "I love you, Seth," she whispered.

***

Later that morning, Layla and I found ourselves holding the twins for the last time. The Volvo Xc60 that Carlisle and Esmee bought was all packed up and ready to go. Renesmee and Jacob waited by the car, while we said our final goodbyes.

Tears were falling from my eyes, as I held Landon in my arms. I gave him one last kiss on the forehead and whispered, "I will see you again."

I passed him off to Layla, while she handed me Charlize. I looked down at my innocent and beautiful daughter. "Take care, my sweet child. I look forward to seeing you and Landon again." I said as I kissed her forehead.

With tears in my eyes, I gave Charlize to Renesmee. She took Charlize and began fastening her in her car seat. I looked back at Layla, who was filled with sadness and anger inside of her. She didn't want to give up her kids and had a hard time walking Landon over to Jacob. So, I went to her side and helped her over. Once she got there, Jacob gently took Landon and placed him in the car seat, making sure it was secure. Renesmee gave Layla and I both hugs before she hopped in the passenger seat. Then, Jacob came over to me so we could say our goodbyes.

"Take care of them," I said.

"I will," Jacob replied.

He walked around the car and sat in the driver's seat. He turned on the car and began backing out of the driveway. All of a sudden, Layla collapsed to her knees. She was screaming out for the twins. I crouched down beside her and pulled her into my chest.

"It's alright, Layla." I continued. "We will see them again. I promise."