I Miss Her

Seth's POV:

Only a day had gone by, but that was enough time to make me miss Layla. It was like I had my heart ripped out. Nothing made sense to me anymore. I couldn't perform daily tasks anymore. I couldn't perform daily tasks anymore. I can barely look at my babies without seeing Layla. So, Rosaline and Renesmee began to care for them in my place.

Since Layla left and we assume she wasn't coming back, the whole family gathered at my house to address the situation. I sat on a couch, in the family room, while everyone else gathered around.

"So, she just up and left?" Alice asked.

I nodded my head.

"I can't believe Layla would do this!" Esmee exclaimed.

"How do we know she meant to do this? Layla probably had a good reason." Bella defended.

All eyes shot over to Bella. I even looked her way. She is hiding something, but she is covering it up pretty well. No matter what it was, deep down it gave me hope. Having the thought and letter that Layla did all of this for a good reason, eased my pain.

I stood up from my seat without a word. I went up the stairs, down the hall, and I went into the nursery. Landon and Charlize were sleeping. I placed the rocking chair in between both of their cribs. I sat down and rocked three times before saying, "I know your mother isn't present, but you both need to know that she loves you."

I looked up at the ceiling and mumbled, "Layla, come back to me."

***

(In Italy)

Aro's POV:

"What do you reckon we do with, Layla?" Caius asked.

"I want to test her for the month. See if this deal really binds her to our side." I explained.

"How do you plan on executing that plan?" Marcus joined in.

"There is a vampire who has gone against our laws in Washington, not far from Forks." I continued. "If she does not return then we know that her loyalty is elsewhere."

I looked to the left and saw Caius smiling. I knew he liked my plan.

"Demetri," I called.

Demetri came over and stood in front of me.

"Bring me, Layla," I ordered, with a smile on my face.