What Are Our Options?

Seth's POV:

We drove back home that exact night. We both were still in shock from what Carlisle told us. I couldn't believe what I had heard. I've always wanted a family, but I didn't necessarily see that in my future. Mainly because Layla was a vampire. Making her no longer eligible to carry children. Layla and I had talked about adopting, but this has totally changed everything.

Layla and I were seated side by side, on the edge of the bed.

"What are we going to do?" Layla mumbled as the words filled with fear escaped.

"I don't know. I still can't believe this is possible."

So much had hit us right now. We were going to be parents! Not only that but we had no idea what our children were going to be like since Layla is a vampire and I am a werewolf. I could tell that she was nervous, so was I. But, I was more excited than nervous.

I touched her hand and she immediately jerked it away. I felt like this was my fault. I shouldn't have done those things with Layla.

"Layla," I paused. "I am sorry for doing this to you. If I knew this could be an outcome I wouldn't have done those things. I want you to know that."

"Don't apologize," she said. "It made me feel normal. Like I wasn't a vampire anymore. Besides, I consented because I wanted to do it just as much as you did."

"Then, what is the matter?" I asked.

"I am pregnant, Seth! We don't know what to feed them or what to do! Don't you remember what happened to Bella when she was pregnant? They are not going to be normal. Doesn't that scare you? It sure does me."

"You don't know what they are going to be like, yet."

"You can't possibly believe that they will be mortal," I argued.

"No, but I do know that we are going to have babies. Something we both wanted."

"Yes, but we don't know how to take care of them!" Layla cried.

She buried her face in her hands. I put my arm around her and pulled her into my chest. I knew that things could go wrong, but I had hope. Besides, we have a family to help us along the way. I was scared to think about losing Layla or our kids.

This pregnancy wasn't going to be easy since we didn't have a clue as to what needed to be done.

Layla had finally calmed down. It was very late at night, but I didn't find myself tired. I laid on my back, while Layla cuddled up with me. I brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead, as she closed her eyes and tried to relax. I looked down at her and could tell she was calmer than she started out.

It wasn't long before she pushed up on the bed, and kissed my chest gently. She looked into my eyes and whispered, "Promise me you will be by my side through this."

"I promise."

Layla slowly came closer to me. Her lips gently pressed up against mine, as they started to move in sync with each other. I put my hand on the back of her head, so she wouldn't pull away. Then, I stopped and said, "We better stop. After all, I did get you pregnant."

"Shut up!" Layla demanded as she continued kissing me.