Surprise! It's a Disaster

Seth's POV:

I was out with the pack when I heard a noise. I stopped and turned around to see what it was but I couldn't see anything. The forest was too quiet, especially after that sound. I remained vigilant and kept looking for the source. What came next, I wasn't expecting.

Layla's POV:

I was in the kitchen washing a few dishes from lunch while Esmee watched over the kids. I looked over my shoulder and smiled. It is so sweet seeing the twins play with their grandmother. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. 

"So where did Seth run off to?" Esmee asked. 

"He and the pack are doing their usual patrol this afternoon. He won't be back until dinner." I replied. 

I dried my hands with a towel when I heard my cell phone ringing. I quickly answered it and said, "Hello this is Layla Clearwater."

Without hesitation, I dropped my phone on the floor and ran to the front door. 

"Esmee, please watch the kids for a bit longer."

"What is wrong?" She asked.

"Something has happened to Seth!" I cried.

I exited my home and began running to Leah's house. It didn't take me long to get there but when I did I went into the house and saw Seth being held down by the members in his pack while he screamed in pain. It broke my heart. 

"Where is it?" I asked. "Where is the bite mark?"

They turned Seth onto his back which revealed a vampire bite. I covered my mouth with my hand. I couldn't believe this was happening! I slowly fell to my knees while I looked at Seth who is in so much pain.

"Do something, Layla!" Leah demanded. 

"What do you suppose I do?" I screamed. "I can't undo this."

"You have to at least try!"

I stood up and moved closer to Seth. I made his pack members leave the house while I used my powers to keep Seth still. I placed my hand on his chest and looked away from him. Then, Carlisle, Edward, Jasper, and Emmett burst into the house. They all took one look and knew exactly what happened. 

"What do I do?" I asked Carlisle. 

"I don't know if you can do anything, Layla. Werewolves are weakened by the vampire blood causing them to hallucinate and erratic symptoms." Carlisle explained. 

An idea popped into my head. 

"Hold him down!" I ordered as Edward, Jasper, and Emmett ran over to keep Seth still. 

I positioned his head a certain way so that his neck was perfectly vulnerable to me. Then, I leaned closer and sunk my teeth into his neck, as I began to suck blood from his veins. 

"Stop it!" Leah pleaded as Carlisle held her back. 

The taste was so good that I had a hard time pulling away but I realized that my love for Seth was more comforting than the taste for his blood so I pulled away and wiped the blood from my mouth. Seth calmed down and froze. Leah rushed to his side while Edward helped me up. 

"Do you think it worked?" I mumbled. 

"It is hard to say," Edward replied.

"All we can do now is wait and see if he will take to the transformation." Carlisle sighed. 

***

Two days have gone by and in that time, I never left Seth's side. Esmee and Rosaline watched over the twins for me. They told me that the kids were wondering where their father was and why I wouldn't come home. I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. I don't even know what to do after this if Seth doesn't pull through. All of this broke my heart. I don't think I can live without Seth but I most certainly can't abandon our children either.