Christmas

Layla's POV:

I was invited to spend Christmas at Charlie's house, Bella's father. I spent it with Charlie, Sue, Bella, Edward, Leah, Jacob, Renesmee, and Seth. It had been a while since I celebrated Christmas, mainly because I had no one to celebrate with, but this year was different. I had my vampire family, my new friends, and of course, I had Seth.

I was in the kitchen, washing the dishes that we had just had dinner with. I kept looking over my shoulder and saw the whole group of people having a good time together. Seth was laughing with Renesmee, Jacob, and his sister. Charlie was enjoying his time with Sue too. However, I could tell that Bella was worried about the Volturi. Edward tried his best to distract her with positive, but they only worked from time to time. they were not a full-time thing.

I too was troubled by the Volturi coming. Alice predicted that they would be here when the snow starts sticking. Well, the snow is sticking. I was afraid. Afraid of losing my family and friends. But, the thought of losing Seth was a thought I couldn't bear.

I was washing the last of the dishes when I felt strong arms wrap themselves around my waist. I set the dishes in the sink, as I placed my hands on the arms. I smiled. I knew exactly who it was.

"What are you doing?" Seth asked as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm washing the dishes you goof." I chuckled.

I turned to face Seth, as he moved his hands to my back. I gently placed my hands on his cheeks and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"Will the dishwashing lady spare me her time for a moment?" Seth joked.

"Of course," I replied.

Seth took my hand and led me to the back door, where we snuck out. He didn't lead me far from the house. We went to the end of the forest, where we stopped.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Seth didn't say anything. His hand went behind his back, only for a second, before he pulled out a jewelry case, that looked like it was only big enough to hold a ring. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth with my right hand. I was so shocked.

"Seth!" I mumbled under my breath.

Seth slowly opened the case, revealing a silver ring with crystals all around it. It was so beautiful.

"You are the best thing that has happened to me, Layla

"You are the best thing that has happened to me, Layla." Seth began. "I don't know what tomorrow has in store for us, but I promise you this. I promise that I will marry you someday."

Seth took the ring out of the case. I held my hand out, as he placed the promise ring on my left ring finger. When he was done, he kissed the top of my hand then he came in to give me a kiss on the lips.

I was so touched and in love. Seth was the only one for me and I will do all I can to be with him.