What Are You Not Telling me?

Layla's POV: 

I was downstairs having a midnight snack before bed. I was dressed in pajama pants and a bralette. Once I finished with my snack, I went upstairs to the master bedroom. Seth was laying on his back, dressed in pajama pants as he read a book. I closed the door behind me and turned around, only to find Seth standing up next to the bed.

"Are you a vampire? I teased. "You got out of bed so quickly and without a sound."

Seth didn't say anything which scared me a bit. He slowly walked over to me and fell to his knees right in front of me.

"Seth, what is going on with you?" I asked.

Seth didn't reply. He gently placed his hands on my waist and rested his head on my pregnant belly. I looked down at Seth. something is obviously going on with him. I placed my hands on the top of his head and gently stroked his head.

He looked up at me with tears forming in his eyes. Before the tears slid down his cheeks, I wiped them away with my thumb.

"What is going on?"

"I can't tell you that," Seth replied.

I grabbed his chin and made him look at me.

"You can tell me anything, babe. So what aren't you telling me."

It took Seth a couple of minutes to collect his words before he said, "I just want to let you know that I will protect you and the kids no matter what, so I don't want you to stress yourself out especially since you are pregnant."

"Go on." I encouraged.

"Alice had a vision that the Volturi found out about us and your condition." he continued.

I closed my eyes and pulled away from Seth, as I headed to the bed, where I sat down on the edge. Seth came over to me and said, "Layla, please don't worry. I will protect us and our family."

Seth placed his hands on my belly and then kissed it.

"Oh Seth, we are such fools to think that we could have all of this." I continued. "I knew we were going to pay for getting married and I can only imagine what they will think of what they will do when they learn about the pregnancy. None of this should have happened."

"No Layla!" Seth yelled. "We deserve this and there is nothing wrong with this either."

"Tell the Volturi that!" I snapped.

Seth took my hands and looked at me in the eyes. "I promised you that I would care for and protect you. I intend to keep my promise. Besides, we are not alone. Your family is on our side and the packs will be too."

I kissed Seth on the lips and whispered, "Don't promise me things that you can't control."