Coming Face to Face

Layla's POV:

Here we all are. Standing on one end of the field, that was covered in snow, as we waited for the Volturi to show up. I stood with Carlisle and Esmee as we waited. I was dressed in an all-black outfit with my hair resting on my shoulders, as the breeze blew up against my face gently. Just standing here and waiting made me anxious. I have been dreading this day for so long, and now that it is here only made my nerves worse.

No matter what my feelings were, I knew that I had to remain strong

No matter what my feelings were, I knew that I had to remain strong. I put on a stern face and stood tall. I wasn't going to show any weakness towards the Volturi. I was going to look tough and be tough.

As we waited, I looked out in front of me as I waited for the Volturi. I could hear footsteps coming closer and closer from the distance. It wasn't long before the Volturi appeared out from the trees. There were so many of them. Much more that we have for sure. They were all dressed in black with hoods covering their faces. It didn't take Aro and his two brothers long before they took the lead out of the other vampires. I even saw Alec and his idiot sister, Jane. Just seeing him made anger spread throughout my body. To hold myself back, I clinched my hands into fists.

As the Volturi kept walking toward us, a werewolf howl came out of the blue. The wolf pack stepped out from the trees and joined on on the field, that was covered in snow. A smirk appeared on my face as the Volturi stopped in their tracks at the very sight of the werewolves.

Seth came up to my side. He looked up at me, while I looked down at him. I placed my hand just between his shoulder blades, then I looked straight at the Volturi and so did he. At that moment, I was no longer afraid of the Volturi. Me being frightened was instantly replaced with my anger and aggression toward the evil vampires, who were a very threat to my family and I's happiness.

Aro removed his black hood, and his allies followed after him. Carlisle stepped forward and started giving our side of the story to him.

The Volturi were offensive. No surprise there, so they called upon Edward. I watched as my "brother" walked to the Volturi. I saw Edward give his hand to Aro as he used his tactile telepathy on Edward.

Edward looked back at Bella, signaling that Aro wanted to meet Renesmee. Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob took a couple of steps before they stopped and looked back at Emmett and me. She wanted Emmett because he was a very strong vampire, and me because I was still a newborn with great powers.

I looked down at Seth and said, "I'll be right back."

Emmett and I joined Bella. The five of us walked across the field so that Aro could meet Renesmee. When we got to the opposite side, Aro complimented Bella on her transformation. Then, his attentions turned to me.

"And what do we have here." Aro started. "Is this Layla? Wow, I must say that you look as wonderful as ever. Doesn't she, Alec?"

Aro looked back at Alec. He was toying with me. I looked at Alec, who had the creepiest grin on his face. I held myself back, but I wanted to rip their heads off so bad. The subject was changed back to Renesmee, who placed her hand on Aro's cheek to show him. But, he quickly pulled himself back. I used my power to stop everyone in their tracks, while Renesmee, Bella, Edward, Emmett, and Jacob were a safe distance away. Then, I walked backward, as I headed back to my side of the field.

The Volturi were getting pretty heated between each other. It wasn't long before they brought Irina forward and soon afterward, killer her. Her sisters went ballistic. Zafrina blinded them, while I controlled them to stop moving. Seconds past and they finally calmed down, so Zafrina and I stopped using our powers on them.

Aro made an excuse to keep pushing war. I rolled my eyes at his bull****. He gave a speech to back up his proposal. When he stopped, my head turned to the left. I saw Alice and Jasper appear out of the trees. The both of them walked over to the Volturi. I started to become fearful. I didn't know what she had planned, but I was going to keep my eye on her anyway.

Alice gave Aro her hand, and minutes went by. I clung to Seth, as we waited for something to happen.

I don't know what Alice did, but it made Aro listen to her. Then, two vampires approached from behind us, as they walked up to the Volturi and joined Alice. However, one of them happened to be just like Renesmee. The evidence was right in front of the Volturi. I simply hoped that they would listen to us, so they could back off.

It took some convincing, but the Volturi agreed and decided to leave us alone.

Most of the Volturi sprinted off, but Aro stopped as he looked back. I had no clue why, but he eventually took off as well.

All of us became relaxed. I smiled and I dropped to my knees and wrapped my arms around Seth's neck.