Coming Up With a Plan

Layla's POV: 

I walked down the stairs, as I held Landon in my arms. Seth followed behind me, while he carried Charlize. We went into the living room where everyone was gathered. Carlisle and Esmee came, Bella and Edward, Alice and Jasper, Rosaline and Emmett, and finally, Renesmee and Jacob. Seth and I sat down on the long couch so that we could have enough room while we talked with the family. It was weird seeing everyone. The atmosphere was very awkward between us all because I have been gone for so long.

"I'm glad your back, Aunt Layla." Renesmee started.

"Me too." I smiled.

Carlisle leaned forward in his chair and asked, "So, what is going on?"

"When I was alone at the house, and pregnant at the time, Aro and Alec came to the house. They wanted to kill me and the babies. As a parent you do anything to protect your kids, so I made a deal with Aro. We agreed that if I left and became apart of the Volturi, that he would leave Seth, the twins, and the Cullen clan alone." I explained.

"What does that mean now since you broke that deal?" Emmett jumped in.

"Right now they don't know the deal has been broken," I answered. "There were times when I would take a break from the Volturi for weeks."

"Right now the Volturi don't know that Layla won't be coming back," Seth said.

"Does this mean we only have a few weeks to prepare?" Edward asked.

"That would be my guess," Seth replied.

"You do realize that you don't have to do anything, right? I will be more than happy to go back if that means my family can live." I interrupted. "You don't need to do this."

Silence spread across the room.

"You are our family, Layla." Carlisle continued. "We will do what we have too."

Bella stood up from her seat and said, "I agree. Besides, you helped Edward and me, I will do the same for you."

"Are we all in agreement?" Carlisle added.

Everyone in the room nodded their heads.

"Well then, let's give the Volturi the hell that they deserve," Jacob smirked.

"Hell yeah!" Seth agreed.

I hit Seth on the chest and looked at him with piercing eyes.

"What was that for?" Seth asked.

"Don't curse in front of the twins!" I ordered.