This Is Not Me

Seth's POV:

Everything was dark and so much pain was coursing throughout my body. It was like being burned alive in your own skin. The pain was unbearable but all of a sudden, it stopped. I started to wiggle my fingers and then my toes. Before long, I opened my eyes and looked around. How did I get here? I recognized the place and knew that we were at my sister's house. 

I looked to my left and saw Layla looking out the window. She was dressed in jeans, a plaid shirt, a cardigan, and boots. Her long brown hair was left down and she twirled her wedding ring around her finger. 

"Layla," I called

"Layla," I called. 

She quickly turned around and ran over to me, kneeling next to me. I slowly sat up before her lips came crashing down on mine, not giving me any time to breathe. I stopped. I found myself not being able to breathe. How is this possible? 

"Layla, why can't I breathe?" I asked. 

Layla looked into my eyes and said, "Seth, you were attacked by a vampire who bit you in the back."

"Am I?"

"You are neither werewolf nor vampire," Layla answered. "At this point, I don't know what you classify as. I am just relieved that you are here. I thought I lost you."

I pulled her close to me and squeezed her tight, not realizing that my strength has increased. I gently released Layla and slowly stood up. I was the same height and could see everything, yet I felt different. I was so hungry for both regular food and blood. I could see and hear things from so far away.

"How are the twins?"

"They are fine, Seth. You have been transforming for three days now but the children know nothing."

I slowly walked over to a mirror and saw my reflection. My skin looked so clean and my eyes were no longer the same color. My eyes appeared to be orange mixed with brown. I no longer felt like myself. 

"Seth, are you alright?" She asked. 

"I don't know."

Layla wrapped her arms around me and kissed the side of my neck before resting her head on my back. 

"We are gonna get through this," Layla whispered. 

I looked down at the sink and asked, "Who bit me? Was it Carlisle?"

"No Seth, I did," Layla admitted. 

I pulled away from Layla and walked out the door. I began running away from the house, only faster than I was used to. I looked back and didn't see Layla chasing after me but rather Edward. I stopped at the cliff and looked out at the ocean. 

"Seth," Edward called. "Seth, are you alright?"

"I look alright but I don't feel right!" I shouted. 

"Seth, you are gonna be different from here on out. You are no longer a werewolf."

"Then what am I?" I spat. 

"We do not know yet."

"Why did Layla do this?" I yelled. "Why would she turned me?"

"You were gonna die. The bite was too severe to do anything else. Layla saw one option for you and instead of letting you die, she decided to turn you and see if you would survive the transformation. Layla did it out of love."